Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Color Layering

I saw this Color Layering technique earlier this morning and it was really fun to watch the video....but I had to run off and take care of errands.....but was totally excited to try this when I got back later today:

Smile

For my colors, I used varying hues of green and purple! Two color combos I absolutely adore!

I had a lot of leftover papers so I decided to make a matching scrapling as well!

Joy

I substituted the flowers that were in the video and used butterflies. I'm going to play with some more variations of this with other stamps, so much fun!

Enjoy! How was your Memorial Holiday? Things are getting back to normal for me and time to catch up!

Supplies:
Hero Arts:
S5033 - DesignBlock Silhouette.
AF182 - Grass Chalk Ink.
AF123 - HA Soft Leaf Ink.
AF142 - HA Soft Green Ink.
AF179 - Iris Chalk Ink.
PS566 - Snow folded cards.
CL383 - Antique Engravings.
CL357 - Holiday Dolls.
PS559 - Celadon Folded Cards.
CL434 - Just Find Me.
PS593 - Iris Layering papers.
CH210 - Floral Mixed Accents.
CH212 - Foliage Mixed Accents.

Other: Martha Stewart punch and ribbon.
Doodlebug Designs Ink.

21 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! You made this technique shine! I love the color combo, too! AWESOME!!! Just AWESOME!

Nancy said...

Wow is right, Tiffany! You nailed this technique! I love the added sentiment layer as well. Beautiful!

Barb said...

So gorgeous, Tiffany! I love these colors together! Love your little scrapling as well! Beautiful bow!

Cindy Lee said...

I so love this!!! Oh my! I can look at this whole day!

I'm glad that you like the card I sent you! I pray hard that it did not get lost in the mail :)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love both of the card and scrapling. I love green and purple together.

Lin said...

Beautiful take on Shari's technique! Perfect choice of stamps, and I love the shades of green and purple together.

donna mikasa said...

Oh, my......you nailed this perfectly! And I love the matching scrapling! So inspiring!

Dawn said...

Awesome Tiffany. Love the colours you used and the stamps. Both the card and scrapling are so beautiful.

debbie said...

So Pretty! gorgeous colors!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow Tif, what beautiful cards! You really have this technique sussed, Jo x

Agata said...

Beautiful cards! I love more and more purple with green, your card is one more example of how perfect they go together! And the ribbon on the second card is so yummy!

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOO Pretty Tif!! LOVE LOVE these....I hope to get some time to play this week!!

Fika said...

Oh my.. your cards are so pretty Tiffany!! I still amaze with your color layering all in perfectly shades.. And these duet color combo (purple and green) is FANTASTIC!! just LOVE it Tif :)

Nancy said...

Amazing, Tif!! Why am I not taking classes from you?! You totally perfected this technique and your color and image choices are brilliant!
bless you,
nancy

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... so gorgeous, Tif! Love the colors, you totally ROCK this!!

ivy said...

i do love the soft greens and purples! so pretty!

SmilynStef said...

Love what you did with that technique ... I'll have to give it a try.

Jacqueline said...

Just pure gorgeousness, something I'm going to have to case!

Kathy said...

Dear Sweet Tiff...this card is pure elegance!!!!!! Love the color combo and everything
Hugs to you!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! gorgeous cards, Tiffany! i want to try this technique, too! your cards are so pretty!! thanks for the inspiration! =)

carole~ish said...

these are SO lovely!!