Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Silhouette Fern

Hi all! Wow...where have I been? It feels rather weird being away from blogging for awhile, but I've been busy doing other fun and happy things in my life.....nice to take a break and unwind from the computer a bit....but I'm back today with a card to share.

I love mixing classic black and white with a pinch of yellow....I think it gives a really nice, bold look:

Black Fern

I used the Silhouette Fern stamp and the French Writing with Butterfly stamp. I can see so many colors I'd love to use with that fern stamp...yummy!

Hope you enjoy and I'll be back to catch up with everyone!

Supplies:
Hero Arts:
K5314 - Silhouette Fern.
K5375 - French Writing with Butterfly.
CL434 - Just Find Me.

Other:
Black and white cardstock.
Yellow marker.
Mango ribbon.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.

20 comments:

debbie said...

Glad you've been having some fun! I agree that black and white with the yellow is striking!

ivy said...

we all need a break now & then don't we? glad you got to do other fun things!
love the black & yellow...do clean & refreshing!

Diana said...

Oooh la la! The black and gold are just yummy Tif! BRAVO!

Nancy said...

Looks like the little break recharged your mojo a bit, this card is so striking and gorgeous with the bold colors. I love any bright color paired with B&W so this card is a favorite for me!
blessings,
nancy

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Tiffany! Gorgeous card! Love the colors you selected! And the Friends sentiment is wonderful! :-)

Dawn said...

Tiffany - this is quite stunning. I love the look of the black and white with that pop of yellow... just wonderful

wendyp said...

wow!!! That yellow and black combo is stunning! Gorgeous!

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is gorgeous Tiff! Love the pop of yellow with the black and white! Glad you were able to take a break from the computer.

Agata said...

Beautiful card!!!! I just bought this fern stamp and can't wait to use it!

Monika Reeck said...

Ooh dear this is really Beauty...love your card always Tiff....I am so sorry just visiting you again it was busy week with my german course in the morning really have no time to create card only on weekend dear...hugs

Kelly Booth said...

WOW Tif...just Gorgeous...Love this!!!

Jill said...

Oh.
My.
Goodness.
This really caught my eye- love the black and white!

Carly said...

Just so beautiful!! Wow!

Dotty Jo said...

Simply stunning! Love your elegant colours and great stamp combination Tif! Jo x

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful! This is a classy card!

Anna said...

oh my word, this is just GORGEOUS!!

Rose Ann said...

So gorgeous! The colors are very striking together as well!!

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous design! love those colors together! very elegant card, TIf!! love it!

Cindy Lee said...

This is CLASSY! White, black and yellow is a go-to color combo!

Suzanne C said...

Fantastic card! Love the colors you mixed and the design is fabulous.