Thursday, May 13, 2010

A little wine, anyone?

When I first saw this stamp set called Artistic Grapes, I knew it would be perfect for a celebratory occasion such as a wedding or anniversary....

Glass of Wine

I purposely did some very 'fast' coloring of the wine bottle, glass, cork, and label, kind of giving it more of an uneven look.

I stamped tone-on-tone the grape clusters stamp onto purple cardstock. Also added some patterned papers from My Mind's Eye and finished off with a sentiment, a punched edge strip, and a ribbon.

Are you a wine or a champagne person? I personally like Champagne more because of the lighter taste....my DH prefers wine more...lol! I have not had any wine or champagne for the longest time!!

Enjoy and hope your day is beautiful!!

Supplies:
Hero Arts:
PS593 - Iris layering papers.
CL405 - Artistic Grapes.
CL360 - Best Wishes.
AF179 - Iris Chalk ink.
PS596 - Punch layering papers.
PS550 - Lilac Folded Notecards.
CH214 - Earth Mixed Accents.

Others:
Spellbinders Nestabilities: Classic Oval Large and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large.
Prismacolor pencils.
Cuttlebug.
Martha Stewart edge punch.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Crimson ribbon.
Adhesive Foam squares.
My Mind's Eye patterned paper.
Round corner punch.

17 comments:

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous card, Tif! Lovely design, colors and coloring!! Love it!

Jill said...

The purple and red make such a lovely color combo!

Barb said...

Love this, Tiff! Such a gorgeous stamped background! I love your coloring on the wine bottle! Just perfect! :)

Lin said...

Beautiful, Tif! Love how you colored in the image, and the purples and reds really pop! I love champagne, but haven't had any in the longest time! Now you've got me thinking about it - will have to put a bug in DH's ear :) We have wine maybe once or twice a week with dinner.

Virginia L. said...

I'll drink to THIS!!! Your card is so beautifully composed and colored! It's the best card I have seen using that set :)

AnitaRex said...

Love the fast coloring! It looks perfect and so real! I also meant to tell you that I really love that you made a mother's day card for your neighbor with the many kids! So great of you!

Dawn said...

Tiffany - this is wonderful. What a delightful card.

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely Tif. I love how you coloured the image and stamped tone on tone. Your colour choice is wonderful too, Jo x

Vera Rhuhay said...

This is so Beautiful...Tiff! Love the purple-ness on your card!

Diana said...

Love the oval scallop Tif!

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty, Tiffany...and I love the colors too!!

Maylee said...

There you go with your awesome use of purple again! Love it!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! i love your coloring on the wine bottle and the glass! very pretty! gorgeous card, girl!

Kelly Booth said...

Love this Tif...so Pretty!!

ivy said...

great coloring tif!
i am more of a beer drinker....can't you tell by my beer belly!

donna mikasa said...

This would be an excellent card for wine lovers! Love the "quick coloring" on the wine bottle and glass!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely design and card! I too thought of my friends that love their wine and what a great card to include with a bottle of wine.