Friday, May 14, 2010

Indulgence.....

.............in patterned paper....mmm, I love! So today, I decided to give my stamps some nap time and made a card with different types of paper only, it was so much fun!

IMG_7820

My theme was something really soft, yet bright enough for spring time....a large flower for a focal point and some stickers were used too!!

There is no rule to designing with patterned paper, most of the time I simply just mix and match and gather my pieces together, slap them onto my cardbase and see what it looks like...if I don't like it, I try other patterns until I get a result I like.

If you are like me and really LOVE working with 12 x 12 sheets and trimming them up, try these with some intricate borders and edges:

IMG_7830

They are so easy to use and all you need to do is trim to fit your card, the curves and scallops already exist on the paper's design, so it's very convenient! It gives you that 'punched' look except without the punch!

Enjoy!

Supplies:

Bazzill White Textured CS.
Anna Griffin scallop.
K & Co. Paper Doll.
K& Co. Classic Mother's Day Brown Floral.
Making Memories Brocade Spring.
Large pink, silk flower.
Making Memories Spring Stickers.

12 comments:

Barb said...

Tiff, this is such a fun card! What a wonderful idea to give the stamps a rest! The results are so pretty! There are so many fun patterns and textures on here! I just love it!! :)

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning card Tif! Such pretty colours and patterns and that flower is wonderful. Jo x

Kelly Booth said...

You put those PP's together just perfect!! Love this Pretty card!!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is so beautiful, Tif!! Love those yummy pp, great design!! Have a beautiful weekend!

Cindy Lee said...

Such a darling card, Tif! You, flowers and soft colors are a perfect match! I just created a card and realized that our design is almost similar. Will post my card tommorrow :)

Kathy said...

Hi Tiff...you always serve up something fresh and delightful. You survived spring break ...yay! Love the card it's a breath of fresh air and no cleaning an inky mess! Hugs,Kathy

Monika Reeck said...

I love your flower Tiff so fresh and all the color you used are so lovely , adorable card dear...

I have a little surprise for you dear
hope you like it

http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.com/2010/05/blog-award.html

Jill said...

I can't believe what a beauty you can create without any stamps! I think I could give you a Walmart bag and you could make it beautiful! You are so talented! How do you do it? Each one of your cards is such a masterpiece! HUGS from one of your biggest fans!

debbie said...

So creative and beautiful elements!

donna mikasa said...

Just gorgeous, Tif! Love how you gave your stamps a rest! And your border punches worked so hard!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful paper and love the flower accent and the border punch. Gorgeous card.

Alice Wertz said...

so delightful!! you put this together so beautifully, Tif!! that flower is gorgeous! love this!