Sunday, May 23, 2010

I just looked at my shirt....

You know how when you're trying to figure out a color scheme for a particular card and it just doesn't come to mind right away, and then you fiddle with your inks and still nothing....well...last night, I wanted to work with this stamp called Scallop Blossoms, and all of a sudden I looked down at the shirt I was wearing and my shirt was yellow........then a piece of my hair was on it....and voila!~~ Yellow and Black it was:

Scallop Blossoms

Isn't it funny how the inspiration comes to you at such moments? Anyways, I love black and yellow together and pretty much the only other color was a brown latte - which is the background color for the main image.

Pairing some stamping with patterned paper, distressing, and lots of layering, the above was my finished project!


Thanks for peeking, hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend!



Supplies:

Hero Arts:

CL380 - Truly Appreciated.
K5367 - Scallop Blossoms.
CG119 - Flourish Background.
S4878 - Old Letter Writing.
CH215 - Neutrals Mixed Accents.
AF184 - Latte Chalk Ink.


Other:
Tim Holtz ink - Mustard Seed.
October Afternoon patterned paper.
Black cardstock.
White cardstock.
Black ribbon - Papertrey Ink.
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.

19 comments:

Clare said...

So pretty - I love all the stamping!
Heehee, so funny about your shirt!

Dotty Jo said...

I've found inspiration in my clothes too sometimes!!!! Love all the layers on this card Tif, it's just lovely, Jo x

Sanne said...

Great way to find inspiration! This is a super beautiful card Tif!! Very elegant..........

debbie said...

very pretty! Inspiration can be found in the most surprising places :)

Diana said...

Yellow with black is so classy. It's ALWAYS a joy to come and visit you!

donna mikasa said...

Love your inspiration! I should look down at what I'm wearing sometimes! This is so elegant, Tif! Love it!

Barb said...

Way to find your inspiration, Tiff! I'll have to start looking at myself more often! Lol! Love the card! It all came together just beautifully!! :)

Dawn said...

Wow - love what your inspiration came up with Tiffany. perfect. Love yellow and black together

Trinh said...

Beautiful design, Tif! Love the yellow & black together. Guess I better wear nicer clothes while I'm crafting if I want to get inspiration from my outfits. :)

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Tiffany! Inspiration is all around us. Great story about using the colors in your environment to create a beautiful card! :-)

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the yellow and black together. Beautiful!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous layering! Love the color combo too! Love that paper. :)

Fika said...

Beautiful card Tiffany, love your unusual color combo!! :) Well i'm sort of lack inspirations too, reading your blog post makes me wanna check my closet too, who knows i will get inspired by our clothes :)

Stamping Cafe said...

This is totally elegant, Tif! You are amazing, I adore your work!

Cindy Lee said...

You are so funny, Tif! And creative too! I love how elegant this card turned out to be!

Nancy said...

How fun...you crack me up with your interesting ways of finding inspiration. It totally worked though, this card is so pretty. I'm loving all those yummy layers.
bless you, Tiff
nancy

Deirdre said...

Simply stunning, love where your inspiration came from. So Fun.

Jill said...

Love all the colors- you are so fun! I also love that the yellow has a little olive tint to it-such an interesting touch!!

Alice Wertz said...

so pretty! you find the most inspirational color combos, TIf!! love it!

duh! i forgot to say in the last post. hope all goes well with your bathroom remodeling and hope it gets done without much trouble!! crossing my fingers for ya! =)