Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I call her a 'Super Mom'

This card is going to one of my neighbors for Mother's Day.........there's a cute little story that goes with this if you'll bare with me:

just for you roses

My neighbor is a mom...her story is remarkable, she's been on TLC/Lifetime.....she's a mom with 4 kids........they are all the same age....quadruplets...7 yrs. old....

And I find her extraordinarily amazing because she juggles all of them at the same time each and every morning....you see, there is this little routine that happens every morning....she leaves the gate at the front of her house ajar just a tad....because that gate awaits my little Christopher when we walk over there to meet the other children at the school bus stop.

And sure enough, once the kids are all together, she and I chit chat a little....it is only for a short time that we get to talk before the bus rolls around, but within that time, you learn amazing things about mom's just like you..........and we never really finish a conversation in time, and when we meet the next morning, we never really continue where we left off....it's usually about a new topic....lol.

And through all of the conversations, I see just how much of a 'super' mom she really is, how she talks with each of them, cleans her house, and talks to me at the same time...........

I applaud her for I know it is not easy.....

I originally had a little ribbon on the left side of the card, but it just didn't look right, so I took it off....I think I will keep it like this...simple...

Thanks and enjoy!

Supplies:
Hero Arts:
CG152 - Two Birds.
PS594 - Lilac layering papers.
CH211 - Blush mixed accents.
CL272 - All occasion.
CH210 - Floral mixed accents.

Other:
Versafine Onyx Black Ink.
Martha Stewart Pansy punch.
My Mind's Eye Purple Damask.
Assorted markers.

18 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for sharing this sweet story about your neighbor!Are moms like her inspiring? Love you use of the delicate border and the colors of the roses are perfect! She is going to be wowed by your extraordinary talent. I bet she knows that already!!

Maylee said...

what a BEAUTIFUL card! I'm sure she will love it. That is so wonderful that you have a special friendship with your neighbor, a good friend is such a treasure. How does she do it? quads!! wow!

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely card Tif, and a sweet story too! Jo x

Jill said...

THis is gorgeous! I love every card you've made with this stamp!!

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW, she is amazing! I'm having hard time with two, and she has quads!!

Beautiful card and beautiful friendship!!

moccavanila said...

So beautiful...Tiff!
Beautiful story and card!
Can't imagine...mom with 4 kids...wow!

Diana said...

You and I just seem to love flowers! Thanks for your kind comments on my photos!

debbie said...

Stunning. love the coloring and the pansy border that you used.

donna mikasa said...

Lovely story and a lovely card! I'm sure she'll love the card and appreciate how simply gorgeous it is! The pansy border is a perfect touch!

Nancy said...

Really lovely, Tiffany! Thanks for sharing about your neighbor, she sounds like a wonderful person. I think that you are a super-mom too!
bless you,
nancy

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

beautiful.

Agata said...

What a great story!!! Quadruplets, that's absolutely unbelievable! And so sweet of you to make a card for her! She'll gonna enjoy it because your card is gorgeous! Love the perfect coloring and composition!

Ayana Posadas said...

What a beautiful card!
She is going to love it!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Love that punched border. What a sweet thought to think of her!

Dawn said...

so pretty and what an amazing mother she must be.... 4 7 year olds... what a handful.

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful simple card, Tiffany! very pretty colors! thanks for sharing the wonderful story of the super mom lives next door!

Jenny said...

Wonderful cards!!! Great story!! Hope you can play this week in my challenge... I posted a new one today. And I will have some awesome prizes coming up in the next few challenges!! :) :) :) :) :) :) have a great weekend!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

What a sweet story. Your card is gorgeous! I really like the punched border and your flowers are so pretty!