Saturday, April 24, 2010

Silhouette Ivy Sunset

Thought I'd play with a one layer card today, this Silhouette Ivy stamp is going to be a new favorite of mine, love this stamp!

Silhouette Ivy

I stamped the Ivy with some TH inks - looks like a little watercolor effect, a soft and fuzzy type of warmth in the colors, I thought...

To make the orange glow of the sun, I simply took a circle punch and punch out on any piece of paper. Take the negative space and place on the area on your card that you want to shade in.

I took Wild Honey Ink and gently blended in the color until it completed the face of the circle....just be very gentle so you don't have any additional smears outside of the circle....I made a few mistakes and finally, after a 3rd attempt, liked this one.

The sentiment is from the set called Fancy Friendship!

Enjoy!


Supplies:
Hero Arts:
K5313 - Silhouette Ivy.
PS610 - Snow layering papers.
CL295 - Fancy Friendship.

Other:
Tim Holtz Inks: Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Broken China, and Worn Lipstick.
Stazon Jet Black Ink.

12 comments:

Nancy said...

This is so lovely, Tiffany. Thanks for explaining how you made the circle. I may have to give that a try!

Nancy said...

Love this Tiffany...it's absolutely gorgeous....I love the simple one-layer stamping and the wonderful design.

Marilyn said...

Hi Tiff! Love this beatiful card!

Dawn said...

Lovely Tiffany. I love using that circle technique. Very effective.

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is so pretty Tiff. Love the circle technique.

Stamping Cafe said...

Love this, Tif!! Simply stunning!!

moccavanila said...

Beautiful Onelayer card,Tiff!
I love how you made the sun..thanks for the inspiration!

jaemom said...

ooh, yes, that ivy stamp is yummy! great one layer!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Very pretty! Love your take on the challenge!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh, I love this!
So stunning!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! this is amazing, Tiffany! i LOVE the color of the sun! so pretty!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous colors and design! Elegant card.