Sunday, April 11, 2010

Red and orange poppy

Hi all! Happy Sunday! I had made two very different cards using this new Long Stem Flowers stamp but I didn't like how the 2nd one turned out so I will only show you this one:

Long Stem Flowers

For the background, I took a white sheet of cardstock and distressed with Spice Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, and Mustard Seed. I stamped on top of this with the Old Letter Writing stamp - also inked up in 3 different colors, so you kind of see a fading of color as you scroll from left to right.

I also distressed one of the nestie dies in a similar manner. I adhered all the layers onto a deep purple cardstock as the base, added my bow and it's finished!

I didn't put any sentiment on it, will add one later when I need it for an occasion.


Supplies:
Hero Arts:
H5350 - Long Stem Flowers.
S4878 - Old Letter Writing.
PS592 - Aubergine Layering paper.

Other:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 13 and Standard Circles Large.
Tim Holtz Inks.
White cardstock.
Large 2" Crimson satin ribbon.
Stazon Jet Black Ink.
Cuttlebug.

17 comments:

Jacqueline said...

The bow compliments this card beautifully!

Debbie said...

Love that background! the colors are gorgeous together. Great card.

Laura O'Donnell said...

love this! I've been eyeing this long stemmed flower stamp up for a few weeks now. looks great!

Maylee said...

You know I love this stamp! It's stunning in red! I will need to play with it some more!

Virginia L. said...

Looks like we are working with the same stamp the last two days. This is SO gorgeous with this color combo and I love the layering you did!

ivy said...

what a great stamp! you have a great eye for color!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely colour mix Tif, this is so eyecatching and appealing and nobody does bows quite like you! Jo x

Agata said...

Incredible card! This bow is fantastic! And your distressing too!

Jill said...

This may be one of my favorite cards of yours! Seriously, this is a TRUE WORK OF ART! I love everything - colors, design, bow...

Diana said...

So very nice Tif! Love the bow!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely colors. Beautiful combination. reminds me of yummy sherbert.

joslyn said...

love the background stamp! just a stunning creation tiffany!

Alice Wertz said...

the background is so pretty! love all the inking. beautiful card!

donna mikasa said...

This is so beautiful, Tif! Reminds me of a sunset...a poppy sunset! Love that elusive stamp...

Kelly Booth said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!! LOVE this....WOW!!

Vanessa said...

This is stunning!! Love your super card, Tiff!

Monika Reeck said...

Love your crisp main Images Tiff..soooo adorable background you have created too...Love love this one too