Saturday, April 17, 2010

LAD DT Challenge....it's not what you think it is...

Hi all!! Today is Lizzie Anne's Design Team Challenge! Our challenge is to view and use our stamps in a different manner than it was originally intended for.....don't you just love the idea??

For instance, take one of our DT gals, Wendy Price.....who, ingeniously, turned the top portion of a tulip bulb into a bottom half of a cracked egg shell. Click on her name to see her card from a while back, you'll see what I mean.....isn't that amazing? I tell you, can't wait to see what she made for today's card!

I'm sure all the girls had tons of fun with this challenge! I decided to use some stamps from this very fun, Hawaiian themed set called Garden Isle!


I took the surfboard image from this set and turned it into a large flower for my card:

Aloha Big Flower

My color scheme is banana and sky blue......my 'surfboard' images are distressed with Tim Holtz Inks. I also stamped the hibiscus flower image twice onto both cardstocks. I added some bling, my sentiment, and a paper flower and rose brad to decorate the center of my big floral.

Hope you enjoy! And don't forget to head on over to the Lizzie Anne Blog to check out what my teammates have come up with on this challenge!


Supplies:
Stamps - Garden Isle - by Lizzie Anne Designs.
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Big Scalloped Ovals Large and Curved Rectangles.
Cuttlebug.
Doodlebug Inks.
Tim Holtz Inks.
Recollections clear gems.
Prima pink flower.
Making Memories Brad.

20 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Just too, too clever! Jo x

Dawn said...

Love the surfboard flower Tiff... very smart idea. Your entire card is just perfect.

Stamping Cafe said...

How clever are you, Tif!! Love love love your surfboard flower, you totally ROCK!!

Monika Reeck said...

You are sooo creative using that surfboard for a flower Tiff wohooo another beautiful flower card from you..I love always your flower creation dear..happy weekend...hugs

wendyp said...

omgosh, Tiffany this is AWESOME!! I never thought to make a flower out of those surfboards! GORGEOUS card!!!

I don't think my set has seen ink in a long time. You've inspired me to pull it back out and play!

Bethany Paull said...

Awesome Tiffany! I love how you curved each "petal" and colored them oh-so-prettily.

Deb said...

Tiffany, this is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE it! We lived in Hawaii the first 4 years of our marriage, so anything aloha is dear to my heart!

Kendra said...

ACK ~ this ROCKS! Great job Tiffany!

joslyn said...

love the surf board flower. so cute.

ivy said...

thinking outside of the box....very clever tif! with my limited budget on crafty supplies, i should think more like you! pretty flower and SO reminds me of hawaii!

Taylor said...

No way!!! This is amazing!!! Now I am looking at that set in a whole new way!

Meridith Anne said...

This is adorable! I love the colors you used too!

Tricia Ulberg said...

I would have never thought of this idea... very creative!

Maylee said...

Wow! Love that plumeria flower you've made from the surf board! Gorgeous card!

Jane said...

LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

You are a genius, too!!! Love your take on the flower!
And, I always enjoy seeing your swirly rhinestones.

Virginia L. said...

LOVE this challenge and you are ROCKING , girl!!

Nancy said...

I love the wonderful Hawaiian style of this card...the surfboard flower is way too clever, it turned out so pretty with the distress inks. Love this card, Tif....your creativity is very evident!

Suzanne C said...

How adorable and fun is that! Love the big flower with the little flower in the middle.

Alice Wertz said...

wow! your surf board flower is fabulous, Tif!! so creative and fun! lovely card!!