Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In the Garden...

I finally took out my In the Garden stamp and played with it this morning....

In the Garden

I wasn't sure what color to use with it, although, I know I would have went with a yummy pink/red had it been a card for Valentine's! But I went with Tumbled Grass Ink and Shabby Shutters from TH!

I blended these two inks together first for my background on white cs, then stamped with the Cut Out Flower stamp.....I then embossed in white embossing powder for the finished look.

Hope you enjoy! Looks like we're having rain for the next couple of days here! Hope it is warm where you are!


Supplies:
Hero Arts:
PS559 - Celadon folded notecards.
K5148 - Cut out Flower.
K5353 - In the Garden.
PS602 - Grass Layering papers.
CL342 - Everyday Sayings.

Other:
Martha Stewart White embossing powder.
Versamark ink.
Tim Holtz Inks.
White cardstock.
Stazon Jet black ink.
Prima.

20 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

wooow Tiff....a very nice stamping and embossing...love that Images and the way you dis embossing resist with this stamp....A very adorable card my dear...hugs, Monika

sideoats + scribbles said...

Oh Tif, this is gorgeous! LOVE it. :)

Anonymous said...

Such pretty colors! Lovely embossing in white!

Nancy said...

How charming, Tif! I love the colors you chose. I really need to use this stamp again, it's so fun to white emboss.
I hope you are enjoying the cold, blustery weather and keeping warm.
blessings to you,
nancy

Fika said...

This is beautiful Tif.. love your embossed resist result and the color combo is very pretty :)

Alice Wertz said...

so beautiful! love the background!

Virginia L. said...

You make me want to get that stamp now...so beautiful! Love everything about it!

ivy said...

i don't know how you even stamped this (the technique)but it's amazing! you will have to show me one day!

donna mikasa said...

Of all the stamps in the new collection, this one is my fave! I love how you used it--such a gorgeous card!

IrishGirl said...

This is beautiful. I love your technique in creating this card. Thanks, too, for introducing me to this stamp. I think. Now I must have it. Beautiful job.

Jacqueline said...

Good idea to stamp it over the outline flower background - I would have done something like that too! Beautiful!

Rose Ann said...

This looks amazing, Tiffany!! Love your embossing, and the effect you have here!!

Jill said...

So pretty! Love how you've embellished this image with the little flower at the bottom!

AnitaRex said...

Amazing! You made that stamp shine! It would make such a good Vday card too with that stamp, I kinda think you should make it now! :>

Kalyber said...

Scroll Stoppingly Beautiful.
TFS

Agata said...

So beautiful!!!!!!!! Love the choice of the cut out flower stamp for the bg! Great card!

Dotty Jo said...

Wow Tif... sorry, I always seem to start my comments like that but honestly hun this is another show stopper of a card!!! I thought that this was a beautiful stamp but might be difficult to use - glad you aren't as timid as me as this is totally gorgeous! Jo x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card and love the colors you used.

Cindy Lee said...

WOW!! Great technique Tiff!! I really love the embossing in white! So so beautiful!

Martha S said...

Wow! What a great technique! I just ordered the cut out flower so I was looking for some inspiration...think I'm through looking!!