Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hydrangea

Such a busy day today....how are you all doing? I wonder where the time has gone already....I remember it was just morning and now it's almost dinner time here!!

I sneaked in a card here with the new Hydrangea stamp from Hero Arts:

Hydrangea1

I stamped, colored, and trimmed out the entire flower and adhered over a distressed panel.

The nestie is adhered onto an HA layering paper.

I also used the very versatile Cling Dots Background stamp! I think the greatest challenge on this card was trimming out the flower, I love how it turned out....and I think I will be using this floral stamp a lot...it's so beautiful....I'm thinking many colors can be used as well!! What is your favorite Hydrangea color? I love pinks and whites too!!


Enjoy!!


Supplies:
Hero Arts: Layering papers, stamps, Hero Hues pearls.
Spellbinders Nestabilities.
Double-sided adhesives.
Markers.
Tim Holtz inks: Milled Lavender and Mustard Seed.

15 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous coloring on the hydrangea and the backround is lovely!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Tif!! Blue hydrangeas are my favorite, because we can't seem to grow that color where we live. We have the ones that are creamy and green, then turn to a dusty pink as they fade.

Virginia L. said...

You did a SUPERB job on cutting the Hydrangea. I have white ones growing in my side/back yard. I must have gotten like over 100 of them by the end of summer. I'll try to remeber to take photos to share! What an inspiring card you made!

Jen said...

tiff, wow. you are so talented with a pair of scissors!! you are so inspiring! maybe there has been a time warp...i feel it too!!

Maylee said...

Loving this Tiff! Your coloring is gorgeous!

Dawn said...

I love this stamp too Tiff... your cutting out is spectacular. I tired one but had one it on too flimsy a paper... needed to be heavier cardstock. I love purple ones best but we have pink at home.

Cindy Lee said...

oh my! This is so beautiful! Those fussy cutting ain't easy but you did a wonderful job!

Dotty Jo said...

This is a beautiful card Tif, and your cutting out is perfect! I really do like hyrangeas. i believe that the colour has something to do with the soil - whether it is acid/lime etc? I have a lovely pinky colour hydrangea at the front of my house, and a creamy pink at the back. This one is called a lace cap hydrangea and is really unusual as the tiny flower heads are more spread out and it looks really pretty. You can tell I am married to a gardener... sorry! Hugs, Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Just gorgeous! Love the two toned background and I MUST get that hydrangea stamp!

Monika Reeck said...

Wooow Tiff your coloring the Hydrangea soooo pretty..love your BG in 2 colors too..you are so talented dear...love love this..

Diana said...

Oh, yummy colors Tiffany. Way to go!

Jill said...

Love the bright yellow background with the pretty purple coloring on your flower! This is stunning!

Alice Wertz said...

ahhhh.... you just made me add this to my shopping cart, Tif! you bad bad girl! =) your card is gorgeous!!

ivy said...

that purple stands out so well against that yellow!

Rose Ann said...

Ohhhh...your Hydrangeas look just a gorgeous in this color!! Absolutely beautiful, Tiffany!!