Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hello

Pretty much everything on this card, except for the ribbon, is from Hero Arts.......I went for all blue and white today:

cerulean


I first took some Cerulean layering papers and stamped the rose from the Two Birds set onto just the outer edge of the cardstock.

I then took the Old Letter Writing stamp and used two different inks to stamp on two extra layers of cardstock.

I stamped the rose stamp once again on top of the white cardstock, and embellished the remainder of the card with some butterflies and matching pearls.

Aren't these layering papers and Hero Hues inks so delicious - I just can't get enough of them and can't seem to put them down....sigh! ;)

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! We all went out today and enjoyed some fresh air, rained just a tad - it was supposed to rain harder but we lucked out....it's been a gorgeous day so far, BOTH hubby and little one are napping right now....so rare does my son nap anymore.....maybe they did this just so mommy could craft! It's strangely quiet here..... ;)


Supplies:
Hero Arts: stamps, chalk ink, pearls, layering papers.
Versamagic Sea Breeze Ink.
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch.
Soft blue ribbon.
Double-sided adhesive.

22 comments:

Lin said...

I love how you stamped the rose as kind of a flourish on the corners of the card itself and then repeated it again as the main image on white. Just beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

How did you come up with the stamping ideas!!? Can I come hang out with you? xoxo

Maylee said...

O my this is so beautiful! I think I need that butterfly punch and HA ink and stamp. : )

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous, Tif! I love this! My wish list keeps changing after I visit your blog!

Kathy said...

You are like my good night bling when you post every night. How do you do it Tiff..I just love how you are so calm and graceful always having the right words etc. I love each and everyone of your cards. Thanks for my daily dose of inspiration! Hugs,kathy

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous use of the rose both on the main image and as a background stamp.

Be(e) said...

This tone-on-tone card is just stunning! I love the fact that you chose blue! That background is stunning!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh this is totally gorgeous!

Leni den Oudsten said...

The tones of blue are just fine all together! I think I have to buy the Hero Arts new inkpads...they look so fine! I love your card.

Nancy said...

I really love how you combined the stamps on the layers of this gorgeous work of art! It is so simply elegant! Love it. How for you to have some quiet crafting time too, you've made the most of it for sure.

Diana said...

ALWAYS love your monochromatic cards Tiffany! Love coming to visit you!

Julie Batta said...

Such an elegant card. Love everything about it.

Cindy Lee said...

I love how you turn the rose stamp into some kind of flourish! It's so pretty and soft! The butterflies add the perfect touch to the overall card! Great job, Tif!

AJ said...

ACK! all of your HA goodness is going to make me cave and order some!!! LOVE it! ;)

Simone said...

This is sooo gorgeous Tif!! Your cards are always amazing! Love the different blues :)

sideoats + scribbles said...

Beautiful, Tif! Simply stunning. :)

ivy said...

you're killing me with all your HA new inks & papers!!! needs to get me some!
it started pouring right after brandon's t-ball game was over---just in the nick of time!

Jacqueline said...

Such a gorgeous card Tiffany! This is a nice design and so many different stamps could be used.

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!! i love all the layering of the papers. gorgeous card!

Rose Ann said...

I love all of your shades of blue, and the images work so beautifully together!! Gorgeous card, Tiffany!!

Agata said...

How gorgeous is this!!! A perfect choice, if you ask me! I love how you placed the same stamp on the blue card stock! And the whole design is just gorgeous!

Leni said...

Sweet card! Perfect tone-on-tone!