Friday, February 26, 2010

Staple it!

Hi all! A card to show you today.....do you like using staples on your cards? I do every now and then and the fun part about this is......the ribbon itself doesn't have to look perfectly straight, play with it....let some loose ends slip and slide and staple away:

handmade with love

For the butterflies, I used Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed to shade.....added some gloss towards the very edges of the butterflies for a darker enhanced black.

Used some coordinated pp's and some bling and other assorted embossed papers to finish off the look.

Sorry so brief, I must get going and run some errands, have a terrific day everyone!!!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts.
Ranger Black Diamond Stickles.
Papertrey Ink black cardstock.
Making Memories Patterned Paper.
Misc. embossed papers.
Recollections beads.
K & Company diamond button.
Banana satin ribbon.
Stapler.
Tim Holtz distress Inks.

21 comments:

Barbara said...

This is so pretty! I love the colours and the texture that the dots create! The stapled ribbon is wonderful too!

Lin said...

Love this one, Tif!! So many fun things on it - your butterflies are lovely!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is so beautiful, Tif! Love the colors and the stapled ribbon ROCK!!

Have a beautiful weekend!

Agata said...

Fabulous card! I love the bling and your beautifully colored butterflies!

Michelle said...

Tiff it's gorgeous. I love those colors together!!! and the stapling is great! :)

Maylee said...

hmmm, never thought of stapling the ribbon on. Great job on this beautiful card Tiff!

Jill said...

Love the orange and blue color scheme and the staples are fun, too! So much GOODNESS on this pretty card!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Tiffany! You sure make stapling look good! Gorgeous ribbon! Beautiful card! :-)

By the way, my blog has moved! My new location is http://www.gaalcreative.com!

ivy said...

i really love the color of the butterflies!
i love you staple my ribbons too----so quick & easy!gantr

Deborah said...

I love all the vibrant colors - a welcome drink to my color-starved eyes at the end of the week!

Dawn said...

great card Tiff. That PP is awesome and the embossed pieces look wonderful. Butterflies are the best!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love all the dimension in your card! So pretty!

Kelly Booth said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS TIFF!!! Love your Creations.....

sarahmartina said...

Tiff...this is GORGEOUS!

Jacqueline said...

WOW Beautiful!!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely ribbon idea and gorgeous card. The bling is a great touch too!

Nancy said...

Oh gorgeous butterflies on this lovely card....loving that stapled ribbon too!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Tiffany! I can see that I've missed some YUMMY work from you and I am SO SORRY! I absolutely LOVE this card. The colors and design are SPECTACULAR (as always). I'm very inspired by this card and all of the creative INGENUITY that you put into it! WOW! You are AMAZING, another word to describe your work HAS YET to be created! Hope that you have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND, Tiff! Love, Karen xoxoo

donna mikasa said...

I love the look of staples--and it's quick and easy, too! Love your butterflies...they're simply gorgeous!

Cindy Lee said...

This is fabbie! Love the stapled ribbon!

Alice Wertz said...

very beautiful colors and design, TIffany!! love the blings and your butterflies are so pretty! i love this!!