Sunday, February 28, 2010

My day at Nancy's class....

Oh my goodness, it's Sunday already? It's been a busy morning and I am just getting online now, I haven't even eaten yet....lol........let's get to my cards, this first one I made using all new Hero Arts products - including their wonderful new Hero Hues notecards and chalk inks!! Love them!!! Wow, the ink colors are SOOO soft and juicy, I think I need all of them, seriously, totally in LOVE:

Heartfelt wishes dogwood

I gave this a soft look by using only the poppy ink color, there are so many variations I want to try with this dogwood stamp!! Just not enough hours in the day to play! Sorry about the bad photo, didn't get too much lighting or something on this.

The next 3 cards you see are the ones that I made in Nancy's class when I went to see her at Stamp Fever! For those of you who don't know Nancy, she is a fellow HA/Blogging buddy and teaches classes at this store. It was SOOO nice to finally meet up with her...what a truly DELIGHTFUL day I had....so much stamping fun and, afterwards, we chatted for a long time before I even left the store....I think we talked for an additional 2 hours before I stepped out.

IMG_6836

This one and the next card uses the beautiful Silhouette Bells stamp, and with the added stamping of text background and embossing, and Tim Holtz inks....these were the wonderful effects that turned out.

IMG_6839


The last card utilizes the poppy silhouette paired with watercoloring, some Tim Holtz Inks, and glitter/shimmer mist:

IMG_6842

And here is a fun pic of Nancy and I:

IMG_6830a

Will definitely cherish our day together! Thanks Nancy for a great time, you are such a gem! Isn't it fun getting to meet your blogging and crafting friends? I'm so blessed to have met some wonderful folks thus far, hoping to meet many more in the future!


Supplies:

Stamps, papers, notecards, gems, some chalk inks: Hero Arts.
Memories Artprint brown ink.
Fancy Pants stick pin.
Green ribbon.
Metallic gems.
Tim Holtz inks.
White embossing powder.
Shimmer/glitter mist.
Paintbrush.
Additional materials and embellishments provide by Nancy.

24 comments:

joslyn said...

oh wow really loving the embossing. my fav. so great!!

Nancy said...

Oh my, I love that Dogwood card! It's such a gorgeous stamp that even your simple stamping produced this totally elegant card! Love the Poppy color ink you chose too, it's so creamy and dreamy! Thank you for your wonderfully kind and sweet words, I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you too and I can't wait to talk some more!
Hugs and blessings,
nancy

Virginia L. said...

SO beautiful, Tiff! Love your cards and the dogwood stamp is just divine! I can tell you and Nancy had a fabulous time chatting and stamping...isn' THAT the best!? That reminded me of the time I spent with Karen!! Heavenly :) So glad you girls had FUN!!!!

ivy said...

so glad you made it to meet nancy! those cards are gorgeous! i wish i could've made it--- looks like some techniques i need to know about!

Jill said...

WOW! Love the colors on your first card! How fun that you got to take sweet Nancy's class! Thanks for sharing all the pics!!

paula said...

Wow it looks like you had a fantastic time :D. All of those cards are just beautifully done. What a fun time you must have had together xoxoxoxo

Anne said...

Hi, Tiffany! Beautiful cards! Sounds like you had so much fun! And getting to meet Nancy in person, too! :-)

Debbie said...

The dogwood card is so elegant. Gorgeous!!

Cindy Lee said...

Oh my word!! What a bunch of gorgeous cards!! It's fun to learn some new techniques from someone you know :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Whoa, Gorgeous gorgeous cards!! I love all of them, Tif! How awesome it is to meet with Nancy, I wish I can be there to meet with you ladies too! So glad you had fun!!

Dawn said...

What a wonderful array of cards Tiffany. You and Nancy look like you had a great time together. What an opportunity.

Vanessa said...

Wow, what a great collection of cards! And so good to see you and Nancy together! I wish I will meet some of my blogging friends one day, too!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Harriet said...

these cards are absolutely beautiful and love the way the embossing just makes the stamps.... the dogwood stamp i am just going to have to have....

Cynthia said...

Wonderful pieces you made....sounds like it was a great day.....

Barbara said...

Oh what fun! Your cards are beautiful and it sounds like you had a great day!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love your cards, especially the dogwood card! WOW! What a cute picture of you and Nancy! Such beautiful ladies! Looks like you both had a great time!

Louise said...

Wow I love your cards! Lucky you, that was a nice class with Nancy! Nice picture too...

Alice Wertz said...

wonderful cards!! so glad to hear that you had a great time with Nancy! thanks for sharing the photo of you tow pretty ladies! =)

sunghee said...

Oh wow~!!! wonderful cards! gosh~ i wish i could meet up with you and stamp together someday!

Pegg S said...

These are soo pretty!! I love the new stamps. Very fun you got to meet your friend.

Jacqueline said...

Everything is beautiful on this post and it's true that the new Hero ink looks rather lovely!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous cards and you look like you and Nancy had so much fun at her class!

Monika Reeck said...

Woow Tiff it was a nice time right with Nancy in her class...I wish I could meet Blog Pal from Europe too....dont know when but I wish...hehe...your cards are fab..love the one with dots and flowers card...I love always your card Tiff...hugs, Monika

Kathy said...

So awesome you took a class from Nancy!!!!! It looked like a magical day and the cards turned out amazing.So happy that you two have found each other. xo