Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Botanical

The papers I used on this card really remind me of a gorgeous botanical garden that I visited years and years ago....it was situated on the landscapes surrounding a museum in L.A.

Botanical

The gardens at this museum called Huntington Library were so luscious, just full of blooming flowers everywhere you walked, totally amazing! But I wish I were able to truly appreciate its beauty, now that I look back....I was sooo young, simply there to do a Fine Arts report for one of my classes.....I'm sure now if I were to re-visit, I would really admire it so much more! If you're ever in the L.A. area, go take a visit, you'll love it! Anyway, so these floral papers just really bring out that nature experience for me....

This Amy Butler paper is actually a 12 x 12 piece die cut and I simply cut out to fit onto the card, I left some of the leaves dangling off a little...

Two butterfly beaded blings, a ribbon, and a Hero Arts sentiment from a set called Huge Hugs finishes off the look!


Stamps: Hero Arts.

Papertrey Ink cardstock.

Cream cardstock.

Patterned paper: K & Company - Amy Butler.

Recollections gems.

Green ribbon.

19 comments:

Jill said...

So creative! Love how you cut the paper!

Nancy said...

Really pretty Tif...can you believe I've lived in So Cal my whole life and I've never been to the Huntington Library? I just may have to fix that situation.
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card, I love your style!

Virginia L. said...

How awesome! This REALLY reminds me of the time I actually went to the Huntington Museum and Garden in LA when Stephanie was little!!! Your card has such flair....just LOVE it! xoxo

Dawn said...

Tiff... this is a very elegant card. Just wonderful papers.

ivy said...

can you believe MY parents have ben there on one of their visits here but i STILL have not?! go figure!
love all things floral especially when it's floral by you!

Cindy Lee said...

The flowers cut out are so beautiful! Just like flowers in the garden!

Sanne said...

Soooooooooo elegant Tif - LOVE those butterflies!

Be(e) said...

Gorgeous design, Tiffany! Really love it!

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty Tiffany!

Barbara said...

This is so pretty! I love this pp and use it quite often. I love the way that you cut out the flowers!
:-)

Diana said...

What a beautiful message to send someone! On top of the beauty of the art!

Dotty Jo said...

What a great card - love that paper! Jo x

Deirdre said...

Love it, beautiful colours. Gorgeous card.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love those butterflies and how you left the leaves hanging over the card. Beautiful!

JeanFB said...

Beautiful - love how you incorporated the bling!

Stamping Cafe said...

Super gorgeous, Tif! I just love your creativity, you are really amazing!

Love the butterflies!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Tiffany!! I love the pretty blingy butterflies too!!

Alice Wertz said...

love the big floral piece that you cut out and to let it hang out a bit is just so genius!! very beautiful card!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful and it does look like a botannical garden although a little more glittery. :)