Monday, February 15, 2010

Black and Yellow....

.....I love to use these two colors together when I'm in the mood for it!! How is your President's Day holiday coming along? I've been super busy juggling my regular Monday routine today, plus having the little one at home too....after all the busy chores were out of the way, we both sat down and crafted together.

Black and Yellow

Does black and yellow remind you of anything? I love to see an elegant, black, A-line dress with a small yellow rose as an accent. Like a pin or boutonniere? Can you imagine that? I think that would be pretty.....

I can't get enough of this Engraved Flower from Hero Arts! I keep using it over and over.....once again, I simply stamped it with Black ink and left it as is.....

The sentiment is from an older set called Great Flourishes Messages.

Have a great day!


Stamps: Hero Arts.

Patterned papers: October Afternoon - Hometown.

Round corner punch.

Prima.

Papertrey Ink black cardstock.

21 comments:

Virginia L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia L. said...

You smart cookie! Love this "less is more" style! Simply AWESOME!!
PS: I had to delete the previous comment due to typo :)

Rose Ann said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Tiffany!! I love your beautiful flower, the colors you've used, and your fabulous lace and Prima petal bordering!!

Kathy said...

I always enjoy your blog post Tiff..you are so graceful and calm with your writing! This card reminds me of your flan card..lol remember that one. There are certain cards of yours that stick with me and they are always in my mind. Love this one Tiff.
Hugs to you!!!

AnitaRex said...

Oh. I love this card. I love how oyu did the flower and left it black. And how did you do your ribbon like that?

Jill said...

Love the black and yellow, too! Such a BEAUTIFUL card!

Vanessa said...

This is perfect and gorgeous!!! Love your style!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Dawn said...

Tiff - this is just so elegant. Love the lemony pearls in the centre of the flower

Dotty Jo said...

So gorgeous - what a fabulous colour combo! Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Black and gold is gorgeous--so elegant! I love the partially stamped flower...genius!!

Diana said...

Oh, different color scheme for you. Very nice. The partially stamped flower in the corner is PERFECT!

Deirdre said...

Tiffany - another great card. Love the sentiment, hadn't spotted that set with the it before....arrrrgggh.. another on the wish list!!! LOL!!!

Maylee said...

Wow! Gorgeous Tiff! What a wonderful combo of colors!

Agata said...

Great card! I do love this combo although do not use it very often. Should do more...

ivy said...

i am loving this stamp too....i must get it. now that i can see it's potiential left w/out coloring!

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally stunning, Tif!! Love the colors and design, you totally ROCK!!

Barbara said...

This is so pretty! These aren't colours that I usually gravitate towards but you rock them!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful and elegant! Love the texture on the edge of the card.

Cindy Lee said...

Simply gorgeous!! You are such a clever girl to use Prima flowers for the bordering!!

JeanFB said...

OMG, I LOVE the flower petal treatment you did along the side of this card! Gorgeous! I will definitely have to try that.

Alice Wertz said...

simply elegant! beautiful design and those black lace trim is just perfect!! are those flower petals that you put behind/next to the lace? so so beautiful! i love this!!