Saturday, January 16, 2010

Use that ribbon!

Goodmorning Saturday!! Let's see, what's the best part about Saturday mornings! Waking up a little late if you don't have anywhere pressing to go to...lol....watching the little one sleep, because he just looks so cute! And the smell of DH's cooking fresh eggs downstairs....usually because he's up before me on Saturdays....ah...the weekend!

I made a card last night for Hero Arts' Friendship Challenge that is going on:

Trio of flowers

Once again, using all scraps and leftover materials, I wanted to find a way to use ribbon a little differently! And not that these ideas haven't been done but, I made one of the ribbons a stem for the flower.....the other flower, I cut out a thin strip of 'ruler' paper.....and the green with white polka dotted ribbon I used as 'leaves'.

Here are lots and lots of buttons and flowers that were just screaming at me and saying, "Please use me!":

Trio of flowers2

I used the following Hero Arts stamps: Friend Definition and Sweet Wonderful You!

This card is also for Virginia's fun Beat the Winter Blah Challenge over at her bloggie! Hope it totally brightens everybody's day and makes you yearn for sunshine and warmth!!

Hugs!

Stamps: Hero Arts.

All papers, embellies, and ribbon by Making Memories.

28 comments:

Virginia L. said...

I see a LOT of WOW factors already! EXTRA THANKS for being so brave to be the first one for this challenge !!

Clare said...

LOL - without even thinking about Virginia's challenge, I thought WOW! Beautiful card! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Wowza! This is spectacular!!

Dotty Jo said...

This is so pretty Tif, love all those shapes and colours! Jo x

Jacqueline said...

What a gorgeous creation, so cheerful and full of fun!

Lucy Abrams said...

beautiful card - certainly makes me think of Spring. Winter Blahs are GONE!!! Thank you.

carole~ish said...

oh my gosh, how sweet is this!!??
beautiful work. :)

Dawn said...

Fantastic Tiff.... No way am I entering Virginia's challenge after seeing this... WOW factor plus!!!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Tiffany! This is a BIG WINNER, if I've ever seen one!
I LOVE what you've designed and it's also PERFECT for Virginia's blog challenge, too. Your ideas are the BEST! I am SO INSPIRED by this card, Tif! LOVE your mix of elements and SUPER FRESH DESIGN.........awwwww, it's like SPRING in the dead of winter for me! THANK YOU for that. Love your ribbon trim usage, too. You've got it TOGETHER, TIF!
Love, Karen xooxoxo

Stamping Cafe said...

This is awesome, Tif! Love the flowers, the yummy spring colors and the way you did the ribbon!

Sanne said...

it certainly brightens up my day - your flowers are so beautiful. Love the light colors in it, too

Diana said...

These flowers are so cheerful Tiffany!

Jill said...

This is so fun and fresh! You have mixed so many fun patterns, colors, and textures to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece!

Nancy said...

Well if this doesn't banish the Blahs, I don't think anything will. Gorgeous work, Tiffany!

Cindy Lee said...

This is DARLING!! Great flowers!! This card is just calling out to me!

Rose Ann said...

I fun and so pretty at the same time!! I love this, Tiffany!!

ivy said...

love your whimsical flowers!!

Janetcraft said...

I like the detail of the card...I like the colors softly match among. The ribbon is so perfectly matched too.

linda said...

Found you through Virginia's blog challenge...fabulous card. Love all the colors and patterns - very happy!

donna mikasa said...

Wow, wow, wow! My eyeballs are going everywhere! So many wonderful layers and colors--I love this!!
Definitely a "Wow" card for Virginia's challenge...

Alice Wertz said...

this is too cute, Tiffany! love how you used those leftover ribbons! so fun and creative! LOVE this!

Suzanne C said...

How Sweet. Lovely embellishments and what a wonderful use of the ribbon!

Ashley M said...

This is so cheerful! Made me smile! :)

Monika Reeck said...

I love always your card and this card is so cute and have so many wow factor Tiff...ADORABLE card Tiff...hugs from Germany

marianagrigsby said...

Tiffany, I love what you did with those ribbons!!! Your card is fantastic!

Mslee said...

Gorgeous! This is so beautiful! I think you will win!

Virginia L. said...

Thanks so much for re-linking your FAB card to the challenge! As you know, I had a problem with Mr. Linky....thanks for checking it :) xoxox Have a great weekend, Tiff!

shelly said...

so bright and cheerful!