Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Perched birds

To make these birds perch upon top of the sentiment, I first laid all 3 layers of papers flat - the yellow cardstock, the patterned paper, and the sentiment sheet:

Perched Birdies2

I then stamped the two bird images with only the legs showing on the top portion of the sentiment.

I stamped another bird image on a separate piece of paper, colored them in and simply adhered with double-sided adhesive on top, matching and aligning the beaks, legs, and wings.

Here is the view of the entire card:

Perched Birdies

I also colored some of the O's and the hearts on the sentiment stamp. Just a fun and happy card for me!

I used the new Happy Valentine's Day Cling and the birds are from the Best Wishes Clear Set.


Enjoy!

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Papers: Reflections and Me and My Big Ideas.

Double sided adhesive.

17 comments:

Jenyfur said...

wow! i just saw that valentine stamp at my local craft store today and i should have picked it up! excellent card.

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

This is so pretty! I LOVE your perched birdies!!!
:-)

Diana said...

Oh my, these little birdies are spectacular and ADORABLE. Yes, the photography books are my collection. Thanks for visiting!

Jen said...

super cute tiff! great colors..and i love the coloring in of the "o"...very fun!!

Nancy said...

So fun, Tiffany! Thanks for telling us how you got the birds in the perfect place. I really like that stamp and I wouldn't have given it second thought before I saw this card.

Dawn said...

very clever as well as cute Tiff...

Rose Ann said...

Super cute, Tiffany...and I love those birds!!

Dotty Jo said...

So cute and bright and cheery - love it! Jo x

Jill said...

This card is happy for me, too! Great colors!

Jane said...

ADORABLE! love it!

Suzanne C said...

Cute! Love the pops of color and Mr. & Mrs. Bird.

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Tif...Love the Bright colors you used too!

Cindy Lee said...

What an adorable pair!! And what a clever way to stamp the leg separately :)

donna mikasa said...

So cute and colorful! Love the colored in alphabets and the cheery colors!

Kathy said...

Love love this blissful happiness card Tiff and the colors are so divine. You always inspire! HUgs,Kathy

Alice Wertz said...

i love the O's and hearts that you filled in! such a happy card!