Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No stamping? What was I thinking?

So I'm back today with another fun card......I was doing my usual blog hopping this morning and I wandered upon Sanne's blog, in which one of her posts she mentions using 'no' stamps on her project.....well, I loved her idea.....I have done this before and I challenged myself to do it again with my card below:

you are my sunshine

It's fun sometimes to just let our little stamps hibernate for a few......and find other materials in our crafting space that we could use....for instance, I was ASTONISHED, that I had so many Making Memories papers, die-cuts, chipboards, and embellies that were just sitting there! So I really wanted to use some of their yummy papers on this card.

I also have some wonderful friends who send me little pins and flowers like this:

you are my sunshine2

Aren't we thankful for the little, itty bitties? I sure am!

The fun I had in making this was just mixing and matching the papers, trimming out some images from die-cuts, and using some leftover tags:

you are my sunshine3


Thanks Sanne for the inspiration! I'll have to go digging some more and see what else I have that I've completely forgotten about! ;)

Cardstock/Papers: Making Memories Spring Fling, Making Memories Flower Patch. Paper Source.

Prima flower and pearls.

Floral stick pin.

K & Company.

Martha Stewart edge punch.

Round corner punch.

15 comments:

Sanne said...

I´m so glad that I could inspire you to make such a beautiful card Tif. Gorgeous result - even without using any stamps!

Will you be so kind as to mail me your post address Tif?
sannehand@hotmail.com

Big Hug
Sanne

Virginia L. said...

I'm LIKING the idea very much,too! I have WAY too much stuff that could be used for making cards without any stamps! I must try that some time soon...Thanks to Sanne and you, now I'm inspired :)BTW you make these cards just as beautifully as you normally do-with or without stamps!

Lin said...

What an inspiration you and Sanne are! If I hadn't packed up all my papers, I would be trying this right this minute! I love how this turned out, and the colors are so lovely!

Jill said...

I just love how your non-stamping card turned out! So springy and happy! I agree- Sanne is very inspirational! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Wowzers, Tif! Gorgeous card, love all the MM goodies!! I used to make card without stamping 2 years ago, before I got hook to HA...LOL! Thanks for the reminder, love the idea!

Jen said...

ooooo, delicious. simply delicious!

Dawn said...

what a great challenge to yourself. I've done a few lately where there is only one little stamp or sentiment and all the rest is papers. Such fun. This card is just so pretty Tiff.

Vanessa said...

Yes, sometimes it`s good to go through the stash and try to use some of it! Although I often end up using a sentiment stamp...
Your card is fab! Love the pin!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Cindy Lee said...

This is AWESOME Tiff! I love how you combined those paper! They are perfect!! I love the colors, the butterfly and the stick pin adds perfect touch to the card! WOW!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! The trick is to bring together the different pieces and you did that beautifully.

Jacqueline said...

What a beautiful card!! It didn't even occur to me that you hadn't used stamps!

Rose Ann said...

No stamping...but it's still beautiful!! I love the layout, colors, and sweet little bird!!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! this is amazing, Tiffany!! you put all those elements together so beautifully!! i love the soft colors and the design. it's so YOU even without stamping!! How did you do that??!! i LOVE this!!

ivy said...

great use of non stamping items!

donna mikasa said...

Wow...wonderful inspiration! That would challenge me big time! Love your non-stamping card! I may have to give this a try....one day.....