Monday, January 18, 2010

Get in shape!

Hi all! Wow....Orange County has finally gotten its initial drizzle of rain.....we have mentally prepared and awaited for it....it will last all week it seems.........but nothing better than rain to keep me partially inside the house to craft! ;)

Are you a shape person?? Lol....I mean, do you love different shapes for your cards sometimes? I like to mix it up from my usual square or circle cards, and this one is a shape you can take from a larger 12 x 12 sheet of die-cut paper:

Flower Garden

Simply clip off the portion that looks good to you or suits the design of your card and voila! Something fun for you to work with....today my colors concentrate on lavender, celery, and textured dots on white cardstock.

Flower Garden2

Will have to try a few more variations with this design....hope you like it!

Enjoy and hope your week starts off good!


Stamps: Singing in the Rain by Lizzie Anne Designs.

Papers: Bazzill.

Prima pearls.

Periwinkle ribbon.

Scallop punches.

Chartreuse ribbon.

Martha Stewart butterfly punch.

Double sided adhesive squares.

18 comments:

Stamping Cafe said...

Wowzers, Tif!! Love the colors and the shape!! I can't believe is raining here in San Diego too, going to make some cards with my daughters! :)

Julie Batta said...

Wow. These cards are brilliant. I love both of them and those colors are delish!!!

Jill said...

What a great way to use a 12 x 12 paper! This is beautiful! Love the colors and texture (and of course, the shape!)!!

Dotty Jo said...

Sweet card Tif, unusual shape - love it! Jo x

Be(e) said...

I love the shape of this card! Such an elegant card with the tulips. Perfect coloring too!

Dallas said...

This card is gorgeous ~ love the colours, shape and the textures :o)

Taylor said...

Isn't this fun?!?!?! Love that shape, and the cuttlebugging is great! TFS!

Lin said...

Love the tulips, Tif! Colors are so soothing, too. Love all the dotty papers!

Jen said...

oh, beautiful card tiff! love the shape and the colors are delicious!!

donna mikasa said...

Oh my! Only you can do this and make your cards look so cool and balanced....So creative!

Cindy Lee said...

No, I'm definitely not a shape person but guess what....I'm gonna try a shape card after I seen yours! So thanks for the inspiration!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful!!! Love this cute card!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Maylee said...

Gorgeous Tiff! Looove the purple!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the shape, colors and textures!

Thanh said...

OH THIS CARD IS GORGEOUS!!! I love purple & green together :))

Rose Ann said...

So pretty! I love the colors and ribbons!!

Alice Wertz said...

love this shape! the simple design and beautiful color combination makes it so elegant! love it, Tif!!

ivy said...

really nice ribbon treatment! great color combo too!