Friday, January 1, 2010

Every year following New Year's Day....

.....marks a special occasion in my family......my mom's birthday falls on the 4th of Jan.........this year, she'll turn in her mid 70's......then after that, there are many fun birthdays to go around!

And every year....there is a special theme....it's getting her something that involves lavender.....not just any type of purple....it has to be the perfect color of purple....she loves the lighter shades, nothing too dark like eggplant, but a lustrous lilac or wisteria would appeal to her.

lavender for mom

And when I have time, I love to delight her with a simple touch of decorating her package, I soooo love wrapping gifts if I am able to put some time into it, I have to admit, there were some years past, where I did poorly in the wrapping category!

But this time, I chose to accent the box with a white organdy ribbon with 3 strips intertwined:

lavender for mom2

And I added some faux silk florals mixed in with 3 large leaves.

Hope she likes it!! Happy Birthday Mom!!! To the wisest, most selfless, and modern thinking person I know!! Your patience and understanding of your children completely amazes me everyday...you continue to teach me powerful lessons in life each and everyday! I love you!

Can't wait to see you sometime next week!

16 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh that is pretty, I am sure she will love it

Sanne said...

What a beautiful gift Tif - love the way you arranged that ribbon - fantastic!

Nancy said...

Lovely gift Tiffany....your mom sounds like a wise and wonderful woman, how blessed are you?!!

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous package! I wouldn't want to open it. too pretty to mess up.

Dawn said...

beautifully wrapped Tiff.... I will have to try and emulate your wonderful wrapping for my Mum. I laughed ready this as I made my Mum's card in purples...albeit darker purples than what you have done on the parcel!!!

Alice Wertz said...

this is such an elegant gift wrap, Tiffany! Your mom is sure to love it!!!

Happy New Year to you and yours!! =)

pia overgaard said...

Gorgeous giftwrapping, Tif! Your mom will love this! Such sweet words about your mom !
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Thanks for all your wonderful inspiration in 2009 - it is always a treat to visit your blog and flickr stream. Hugs, Pia

Kathy said...

I can tell you put a lot of love into this beautiful packaging Tiff and your mom will cherish every effort. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family! Hugs sista

Diana said...

This is so beautiful Tif. She will love it!

Jill said...

This is beautiful! I love all of the thought you put into the wrapping. I'm sure your mom will be touched!

marianagrigsby said...

ohhh Tiffany... that is so pretty... but if you give it to me... I would not open it!!!! lol.... I am sure your mom will love this present!

dustypenny said...

I wouldn't want to open this up, either! So pretty!

Suzanne C said...

Wow! Your gift wrapping is gorgeous! Nobody would want to open it up. They would just sit and admire the wrapping!

Cindy Lee said...

What a perfect gift for mom! I'm sure she'll love it!

ivy said...

great presentation! beautiful! i've become to appreciate my mom a lot more after having kids!

Maylee said...

What awesome gift wrapping! I wouldn't want to open it so that I can just display the gift!