Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Doily Heart

Do you use doilies often? For me, it's a matter of if I have some hidden in my crafting stash, then it comes in handy! ;)

Doily Heart Tag

This is a combination of a card and a tag, I used only the middle part of the stamp from the Hugs & Kisses cling.

The other stamp set I used is the clear set Valentine Sayings.

I am just experimenting, and have not decided if I will make this particular card for Chris' teachers or not...still playing with ideas.

Doily Heart Tag2

I'm so indecisive at the moment, in some ways, I want to keep the traditional red/pink for Valentine's, and in other ways, I totally want to go with non-traditional colors...so we'll see! ;)

Enjoy!

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Heart shaped doily.

Cardstock: Paper Source.

White, red, and bubblegum pink ribbons.

White button.

Baby blue and light pink heart pins.

17 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

That's sooooo cute!!

Cindy Lee said...

It's beautiful, Tiff!!! I never use doily before but I recently bought a packet. So thanks for the inspiration!

Julie Batta said...

so cute. love everything about it.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the doily on the card front. I have a stash but have only used them as masks. Now I am going to have to think about incorporating them into my card!

paula said...

This is such a gorgeous tag. Your style is amazing.

Kathy said...

Oh Tiff...I just love this old fashioned heart re done...stunning design and love all the textures! You are so busy making great stuff. Hope all is good! Hugs,Kathy

Denise said...

Beautiful!! Love all the little extra touches.
Aloha,
Denise

donna mikasa said...

Honestly, Tif...you can work with anything and make it look so gorgeous! Doilies = Valentine's Day to me....and I love the touches of blue!

Dotty Jo said...

This is just beautiful Tif, love that little doily and those sweet little pins! Jo x

Diana said...

Aren't doilies so much fun!

Jill said...

Love the doily! Love all of the little embellishments you've added, too! Sooo pretty!

Sanne said...

How elegant this is..... perfect for Valentine ;0)

Karen from MI said...

DARLING, TIf! I LOVE VALENTINES'S and I can see that YOU do, too! I'll bet my money on it that this is one of your favorite times of the year for crafting........HEARTS, FLOWERS and MORE HEARTS and FLOWERS, how could any one NOT LOVE Valentines???
Wha a GREAT design, too. I have a box of DOILES that are for crafting only, but I LOVE DOILIES on my PLATES! When I make brownies or cookies, you'll ALWAYS find a doily on the plate.....it's just the "finishing" touch. I KNOW you're a DOILY GIRL, too. You're SO FEMININE, TIFFY! Love and more, Karen xoox

Taylor said...

who would have thunk it - a doilie! great idea!!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is totally gorgeous, Tif! Love everything about it!!

ivy said...

i remember using doilies in elementary school for valentine projects! would be nice to bust them out again! i know i have a pack or two somewhere! thanks for the idea!so cute!

Alice Wertz said...

you are a master with embellishments, Tif!! LOVE how you decorated this heart! beautiful!