Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Snowman Tag

Hi there....it's playing with HOLIDAY TAGS over at Hero Arts this week....I'm so happy to have a little time to play along.....actually, now that all the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving is over, I can wind down a bit before the X-mas rush comes in! ;)

Brocade Snowman  FoldedTag

Last time I made a little snowman, it was from a tiny sock....this time, I used all paper. I used the brocade stamp from Hero Arts and heat embossed it to make the scarf and the hat.

I used white embossing powder and this very yummy yellow sunshine EP! Just a quick tip, I hand drew my smile using a 1" circle punch, positioned the circle on the 'face' of the snowman, and simply traced the bottom portion of the circle. It's handy when you don't have a SMILE stamp that is the right size you want.

Brocade Snowman Tag2

A lot of different sized punches were used to make the 2 body parts of the snowman, the top portion of the hat, the cottonball at the very top and the rim of the hat.

Below is a detailed shot of the branches I cut out from some chocolate cardstock........stamped and trimmed out the birdie and adhered onto the branch:

Brocade Snowman Tag3

I also tied a tiny little sentiment onto the branch for added fun!

Below is a final photo of the hat....I added an extra button at the top and threaded my twine through:

Brocade Snowman Tag4

Thanks for peeking in, this was tons of fun to make!!

Stamps used: Hero Arts.

Papers: Bazzill.

Prima hot pink pearls.

Punches: Martha Stewart, EK Success, Marvy.

White embossing powder.

Yellow sunshine embossing powder.

Tim Holtz embossing ink.

Twine.

Making Memories button.

Hero Arts Black pearls.

18 comments:

ivy said...

OMG---- so perfect! I love his twig arms and the little birdie taking a rest! Love this tag!

donna mikasa said...

Tooooooo cute!

Kelly Booth said...

How Stinkin cute is this???? And...you have the Loopy Punch too!!!
I think everyone has it be ME!!!!
LOVE LOVE this you creative goddess!!

Rose Ann said...

Sooooo adorable, Tiffany...and I love the embossing on your hat and scarf!!

Suzanne C said...

That is the cutest little snowman tag! Love all the details you put together on him. I don't think you can put him on any present because he is too cute. Hang him on your tree!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my word, Tif!! This is totally adorable, how creative!! A winner for sure, love love love this tag!

I finally order the Loopy Punch, can't wait! :) I forgot to tell you the orange button I used on my card is from PTI. That's the only one in the bag, but my daughter totally deserves it!!

Maylee said...

O my gosh! This so cute and creative!

marianagrigsby said...

This snowman is super duper cute!!!! Your are so creative Tiffany!!!! I loved your tag!

Belle@Ooh, Look said...

I love your creations, they have so many gorgeous details. The embossed scarf is fab!

sunghee said...

You always come up with great projects! Love all your creation!
THANK YOU so much for b-day gift at Lizzie Anne Land. I really appreciate that!!!!

Jenyfur said...

Oh gosh this is fantastic! Love the little details - the scarf is fab - and the two little pink pearls - just perfect!

Cindy Lee said...

WOW oh WOW!! This has to be the cutest tag I've ever seen! So cute yet so neat!

Jill said...

This is just too adorable! I love all of the little details! That scarf is so great!

Diana said...

Loo at this little SNOWMAN gem Tiffany. Always love visiting!

martinaquill said...

I love this snowman.

Alice Wertz said...

this is too cute Tiffany!! so fun and creative!!

Vanessa said...

ADORABLE! (I screamed this) LOVE IT!!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

terisplace said...

This tickles me to no end. So cute!

Teri