Sunday, December 20, 2009

Meet Mother and Boo Bear....

So I had to give these little guys a name and after some decision making, I took my DH's suggestion, teehee:

Mother and Boo

It took 4 hours total to complete both the mama and the baby bear...I'm getting a little faster and more precise on my needle position, still a little shaky in some areas, but with more practice......

I love this felt flower accessory on their heads:

Mother and Boo flower

I love felt, hoping I can get some more felt stash to work with....the best part about these bears are the open front pocket seen here, you can put in a cute little notecard or add some yummy candy...so sweet:

Mother and Boo pocket

I still haven't decided what I'll put in the pockets, but it will be fun!! They are ready to be sent out as gifts. I think that's it for now as far as sewing, definitely won't be an everyday thing, but only when I have some downtime like right now! ;)

Enjoy! Are you done with your x-mas shopping?? I'm headed out to brave the masses as I need one more gift - I saved the hardest one for last. ;)

See you all!


Bear Kit including patterns, thread, needle, and accessories - by American Girl.

21 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Too sweet! lovely little bears. They are just the cutest pair.

Jane said...

Ok....this is flippin ADORABLE!!! Love it!! You rock!! Where did you buy this kit???

Dotty Jo said...

Oh wow, Tif! I knew your bear would be fabulous but look at that: Mama, and baby Boo too!
These two sweeties are just fantastic. I used to make soft toys (mainly giraffes... long story, don't ask...) but I never managed to make anything as cute as these guys. You are so talented! Jo x

Dawn said...

they are really cute.... very clever Tiff.

Jennifer said...

adorable!

Lin said...

Oh, Tif, these are so cute! I have a weakness for bears......the felts are so pretty - love the printed one you used for the pockets!! Adorable project!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh these rock! I love love love them!

Dwita said...

Tiff, now you enjoy the felt craft..;p They are sooo sweet...

Kryssi said...

awesome!! where do you buy felt? i wanna start making feltie stuffs too! :)

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

very cute bears.

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG, Tif! Super duper cute, you are amazing!! Whoever receive these is super lucky!!

ivy said...

i have a stash of felt!! may pass it on to you!
loves thses bears and their cheery happy colors!

Jill said...

These are just so cute! Love the pocket in the front- so many possibilities! Merry Christmas!

Vanessa said...

WOW!!! I missed sooo much eyecandy on your blog! Your little creatures are adorable and your HA blog hop creations are gorgeous!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Tiff!

Hugs,
Vanessa

lynn said...

Would be adorable as a Tooth Fairy pillow!

I bought a little bit of nice felt this year and have been too scared to use it yet!

thanks for the inspiration! as always!!!

Maren said...

WOW! This is LOVELY & adorable!! LOVE IT!!

Anne said...

Hi, Tiffany! These are soooooo adorable! Amazing! :-)

Tomo H. said...

Another wonderful creation, Tif!
They are just darn so cute! :)
Merry Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Tomo xoxo

Karen from MI said...

Hi SWEET TIF! I LOVE these little guys SO MUCH! Their color is FUN and anyone would be THRILLED to receive these as a VERY SPECIAL GIFT! I'm thinking about "felting", Tif. I wonder if you would enjoy that, too. I have done it and it is FUN and pretty "artsy". Somehow, I can just see you getting into it. Let me know.......LOVE YOU........Karen xooxo

Cindy Lee said...

Oh my!! These is so PERFECTLY CUTE!!!!! You can make and sell this, Tiff! I would be first in line to buy :) Seriously, these are really cute!!

Alice Wertz said...

oh so cute! love them Tiffany!!! such a lovely design! this make me smile big. =)