Friday, December 4, 2009

Loopity loop...loop....button tree...

Ok, I'm being really silly today...hence my title! ;) Here is one more tag I made for the Hero Arts challenge:

Loopy Buttons Tree Tag

So fun...I hand drew and cut the tree shape. Now what's really fun about this project is that you can sit down and do some of it with your kids....BUTTONS...do your kids love buttons?! Mine sure does....and although I did the majority of the glueing, Chris did help me pick out the same colored buttons, he loved it! In the end, there were buttons EVERYWHERE!! I had to make sure he didn't eat any of them by accident!

Another really fun part about this tree is using the Martha Stewart loopy punch to make the golden trimmings.....I actually just punched a row of it onto the goldenrod paper...........then I took my scissors and individually snipped each 'loop' and glued it on under the base flap of the top and bottom tier of the tree.

Yes, it is very tedious glueing each one like that, but in the end, it was really neat to see how it turned out! Just something different:

Loopy Buttons Tree Tag2

And at the top of the tree, I simply put a pastel, large pink button to finish off the look:

Loopy Buttons Tree Tag3

Hope you enjoy!


Stamps: Hero Arts.

Buttons: Hero Arts and Making Memories.

Bazzill Papers.

Stazon Green Ink.

Colorbox Burgundy Ink.

Martha Stewart Loopy Punch.

Brown twine.

18 comments:

Dawn said...

WOW Tiff - very impressive and how lovely to have involved Chris in the project as well.

Lin said...

Tif, this is PRECIOUS! And I love that you got Chris into the designing process too! So fun!

Jill said...

SO cute! Like nothing I've seen before!

Kathy said...

OMG this is a winner for sure...I might as well just wait till next week to enter for this challenge...totally tifferiffic!!!!!!!!

Jenyfur said...

Oh my gosh this is gooooood. LOVE.

Alice Wertz said...

wow! you glue those loops one by one!!?? but it was well worth it! this is so cute and unique!! love your tree tag!!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...you "blow me away" once again with your fabulous creativity!! I LOVE your loopy button tree!!

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG, Tiffany! I can just stare at it all day long, this is so clever!! A total wowzers, love it! A winner for sure!

Virginia L. said...

Love the buttons and the loops!!! You are one creative girl, Tif! I love seeing your creations...every time I see your card, I can always learn something from you. So inspiring!!

Cindy Lee said...

I chuckled when I saw your post title!! And it rhymes too!! You are so cute!

Your card is terrific!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lucy Abrams said...

So so beautiful Tiff - I do love this. So pretty.

Jane said...

Ok...you just made my brain go loopity loop!!!!! WOW!!! LOVE it!

Vanessa said...

Wow, this is amazing, Tiff! Stunning tag! And I loove buttons!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Kelly Booth said...

IH Tif I ADORE this!!!! I WANT that loopy punch sooooooooooooo BAD!!!!!

donna mikasa said...

Only you could think of such a beautiful buttony tree! I love the loopy fringe and the colors, too!
You are amazing, Tif! Love, love, love this! Winner!!

Suzanne C said...

So adorable! Love the design it is too cute and cute!

Libby Hickson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this tag!! It's sooooo cute! :-)

Sanne said...

Congratulations on your win with this Tif! This is truely art - love it!!!!