Saturday, December 26, 2009

The house on the corner....

This was such a playful card to make, it required quite a bit of cutting, layering, some coloring, and lots of paper piecing:

The Corner House

I made this card for a friend who recently invited me over and I wanted to thank her for her kindness! I made the little neighborhood, home, the tree, the streets, and the car - to reflect exactly what I saw that day...LOL...(minus the colors, ofcourse)! She doesn't have a pink and lavender house. Boy, but I wouldn't mind this color of a home if I lived out in my own little world! ;)

The Corner House2

I used two stamp sets from Hero Arts for this card, Mi Casa and the 'sun' image is from the Be Happy set.

The car I made out of a punch by Martha Stewart:

The Corner House3

I hope she gets a kick out of this, sooo much fun!!

Other than crafting, Chris wanted me to put together one of his x-mas presents from family, he loved this castle so I put it together late last night, too much fun! It's kind of like legos but it's called 'Trios' and it's more durable and the interlocking pieces are harder, so that they stick together better than legos:

The castle I put together

Have a great day!!

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Papers: Reflections and Martha Stewart.

Martha Stewart car punch.

18 comments:

Jana said...

This card is so adorable! (as is your son playing with his castle)

Karen from MI said...

Hi Sweet Tif! What a DARLING card! Your friend is so LUCKY to get this beauty!! You are such a NICE FRIEND to have, TIf. I LOVE little Chris' photo. He is INTENT with his new castle. What a SUPER PHOTO! He is a DOLL, Tif! You did a FINE JOB putting the castle together. Don't know how you do it, Tif. Merry Christmas, Tif..........enjoy little Chris. Love, Karen xoox

Kathy said...

Hi Tiff...love the magical card and would love to live in your pastel world!!! Great job on Chris's castle it's a stunner and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Your friend will treasure this card!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Love this card! The little streets are fantastic-- how do you come up with these ideas? Amazing! Love the castle, too. Your son is sooo cute! :)

Alice Wertz said...

this is just so adorable, Tiffany! this must be a fun card to make. and how sweet of you to re-create your friend's place! i would love a pink and lavender house in my little world, too. =) your son is so lucky to get such a cool present for Christmas! i bet he loves it!

donna mikasa said...

This Mi-kasa ordered the Mi-casa stamp set and it should arrive here any day now. Love how you used it to make such a cute little scene! I'll bet it was fun to create! You are so creative.....

And that is some castle!

Sanne said...

What a great card you have created Tif....Love all the little fine details - you did a great job here.
Looks like Chris is having fun with his new toy!
Hugs Sanne

Diana said...

Love the house card. That set is on my list. Great pix of your son!

ivy said...

i like how you've been paper piecing a little more these days! that's all i do really since i can't color!!
hey---i live on a corner!! hope the fun card is for me =)!! thanks for visiting the other day. it was fun....we'll have to do it soon again!
that is one HUGE castle!

Cindy Lee said...

Oh wow!! What an adorable card you made!! I'm sure your friend will love it!

Chris is such a cutie!

Vanessa said...

Super card! I love the idea of this fun colored house! Chris`s castle is great!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Jane said...

Brilliant! totally worth all the cutting and work!
Your boy is CUTE!!

123 123 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janetcraft said...

nice home!! Anyway, looks like your son do not need the Lego or Transformer toys anymore...You can make one for him to enjoy with your art and craft!
You are so talented!

Barbara said...

OH my goodness! This is such an amazing card! I love the little scene that you've created!!!!
:-)

Maylee said...

Great card, love all the details you've put into this. I'm sure that your friend will treasure this. Looks like Chris is really enjoying his present! He's so cute!

Nancy said...

This brings back so many memories. My son is now 25 years old, and he loved to build with lego! Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne C said...

What a great scene on the card. All the details you added are lovely and the colors are so bright and cheery. Love the picture of your son playing with his new castle. Too cute!