Saturday, December 19, 2009

A hand stitched owl....

Hello all! It's a beautiful morning here....it is supposed to get up to 79 degrees today, perfect! I love this kind of weather in the middle of winter! So have you had a chance to join in on the fun Hero Arts Blog Hop?! If you missed it, go check it out as there are lots of inspiring projects and many prizes to be won too! You may view my portion of the blog hop HERE!

In other fun news, I've been working on some handmade projects other than cardmaking lately....made this little owl here:

Hand stitched owl

I am by no means a seamstress in any capacity!! But I do like to venture out often and do crafty things in territories that I'm unfamiliar with....I really do love to explore and learn all the time....if I stop learning new things, I can get really bored....and you never want boredom to settle in!! Even as a busy mom, you always want to be doing something new and adventurous!!

I found these cute little kits that you can sew by hand, owl patterns, a teddy bear pattern, and even a cell phone/iphone pattern! Sooo cute! I plan on doing the bear next and then making some felt iphone holders for some of my iphone obsessed friends....LOL!

It's just all so much fun, and like I said, these are really easy-to-do stitching that comes with several patterns you can choose from and develop into your own design. Here is a closeup of the top of the owls head, I learned how to do simple x-stitching, whip stitching, and applique stitching:

Hand stitched owl2

For this final photo, I used sequin stitching and the running stitch that you see on the top row:

Hand stitched owl3

Totally can't wait to work on the bear pattern.....just something so different and exciting for me!

I hope you have a great day!!



Supplies:

Owl Kit and accessories by American Girl.

23 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Tif, this is fabulous - you never cease to amaze me with your creativity!Can't wait to see the bear, Jo x

Stamping Cafe said...

This is fabulous, Tif! You are amazing! I can spend 1-2 hours to make a card, but no patient for sewing and stitching! :) Maybe I will be brave some day and give it a try!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jenyfur said...

Oh my gosh this is so wonderful! My girls and I just LOVE it!

Celina said...

Wow! That owl is soooooooo cute. What an awesome idea :)

Sanne said...

What a cute owl Tif. Love the colors orange and pink together - this is really great handwork!
LOVE IT!

donna mikasa said...

Soooo cute!! How big is this cutie? Reminds me of some kits I saw in Japan.....I LOVE FELT!!

Jill said...

This could not be any cuter! LOVE IT! You are so talented!

Dawn said...

Very cute Tiff... nice to try other handcrafts.

Virginia L. said...

Love everything about this! Tif, you are ultra creative and gifted!

Cookie said...

Wow!!
This is my first time visiting your blog I found it through the Hero Arts Blog Hop and I have been oogling over your wonderful creations! I LOVE this colorful owl you made its perfect! Then went on to look at the cards and they are wonderful! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us and I love your haircut too by the way! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Cookie :D

Dwita said...

Tiff, this is so fabulous.... Amazing. What I like is the way you combined all colors.... Beautiful...

Mary Perry said...

Tif, this little owl is one of the cutest things I have seen. Love it!!!

Jane said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Brilliant!

Suzanne C said...

That is just the cutest little owl! The best part are the yummy colors you used. Love orange, and pink together and bright colors!

Janetcraft said...

YOu have great arts in sewing, making cards, scrapbooking, what else...? YOu made the owl's color combo so perfectly done. I love the detail that you put into it!

Diana said...

Lovely handy work. Love how bright and colorful he is Tiffany!

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! and I have it...So Special Tif...i just ADORE my OWL!!!! thank you.....

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

Your owl is adorable. I love the colours and the polka dots.

ivy said...

i SO love this owl tif! i have thought about making one myslef for the longest time but so far, it's still just thoughts in my head!! seems like a good project to do.

Alice Wertz said...

awww... this is too cute Tiffany!!! love the beautiful bright colors and your stitching is fabulous!

Kathy said...

Only one word describes this...and that's TIFFERIFFIC!!!!!!! love the bright colors and this happy owl. Stunning
Merry Christmas too!!! xo<kathy

Tomo H. said...

Wow! Sooo CUTE owl you made!
Love your fabric choice and the design! :)

Cindy Lee said...

Make more! Make more!! Keep em coming! I love seeing your felt projects! They are the cutest I've seen!! Oh, you are so inspiring! Now I wonder where can I get those felt like yours.