Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Engraved Flower....

I've been working on so many Valentine's projects and it's been a lot of fun, but wanted to change up the pace a little with this card and use a combo of celery green and eggplant infused with lighter colors of green and purple:

Cherish

This flower is a cling stamp called Engraved Flower. I paired it with some origami papers and solids for the background and added a pinch of paper flowers as well.

Also added some stickles for some sparkle and trimmed in-between the leaves, I don't know why I do that...I just like to trim into everything - I guess! :)

Cherish2

I also curled up the leaves for a bit of dimension. Oh, and when curling up the petals with my fingers, I realized that you don't want the white on the back surface to show, just simply take the same colored marker and shade on the back side as well, this gives the appearance that your flower is all one color in 3D.

Thanks for peeking.


Stamps: Hero Arts.

Hero Arts Flowers.

Prima.

Japanese Origami Papers.

Paper Source Cardstock.

14 comments:

Jenyfur said...

WOW, Tiffany - excellent design and execution - love this.

Sanne said...

love all the details and colors in this Tif.....beautiful!

ivy said...

love that color green!! lots of yummy details!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful layering of lace, flowers and paper. Beautiful card!

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG, Tif! This is totally gorgeous, love it!!

Laura O'Donnell said...

this one is really WOW-ing me!

Belle@Ooh, Look said...

Green and purple are an unreal combination, I love it! PS: Hope you have a happy new year, keep up the excellent work!

Jane said...

Wow!!! This just POPS!! love it!

Diana said...

Simply love the green and purple together. Always love circle cards. Very nice.

Vanessa said...

Amazing! I`d never try green on a flower, but it`s beautiful! Love all the details! Have a great New Years Eve!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Jill said...

Love this big, bold flower in green! It really "pops" against the purple! The curled up petals add so much dimension! Happy New Year!

Janetcraft said...

simply the best look... I love it!!

Alice Wertz said...

love what you did to give the flower extra dimension! beautiful card, Tif!!

Barbara said...

This is beautiful! I love the dimension in the curled petals and the colours are so pretty!