Sunday, November 8, 2009

Totally Unexpected

Happy Sunday! Here to share with you my final card for the Hero Arts unexpected challenge this week:

Holiday flower

Instead of using some holiday trees or snowflakes, I threw in a hand made crocheted flower sent to me by Tracey, a fun butterfly die from MM, and some pastel colored/shabby chic papers given to me by Ivy! Combined with Friday's color combo, I thought this card would really be quite unexpected for the holidays....just something fun to make for me!

Holiday flower2

Enjoy your day! I'm off to spend lots of time with my son!


Stamps: Hero Arts.

Papers: Karen Neuburger, Martha Stewart and Papertrey Ink.

Butterfly: Making Memories.

Prima pearls.

Crocheted flower.

Martha Stewart edge punch.

White lace trim.

Giga Scallop punch.

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

What an unexpected pleasant suprise that you put into this GORGEOUS card!

Vanessa said...

Unexpected and beautiful!!! Love this gorgeous card so much - the soft colours are wonderful! Hope you had a fab time with your son!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Sanne said...

Gorgeous card Tiff! Love the use of borders and the color combo is super!

Dawn said...

Wow Tiff. this really is an unexpected christmas card. Love how it turned out. Just amazing. Hope you had a great day with Chris.

Dotty Jo said...

This is soooo pretty Tif. Lots of elements that you wouldn't expect to see on a Christmas card but that makes it extra fun! Jo x

Kelly Booth said...

WOW...Love this unexpected CS and Card....Butterflies at Christmas Rock!!!

Cindy Lee said...

This is definitely my FAV!! I love those soft colors!! Oh so sweet!

Rose Ann said...

I love the soft pastels here, and all of your lacy edging!! Your crocheted flower is so pretty as well!!

ivy said...

wonderful! love how you used the papers!

Alice Wertz said...

you used those colors beautifully, Tiffany!! this is gorgeous!!

Jacqueline said...

Such a beautiful color combination and patterns!