Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tiffy's Penguin

I've been seeing so many cute little penguin cards lately, that I've been wanting to make my own little guy just for fun:

Handmade Penguin

I've been so extremely thankful to have some help around the house these past 2 days, that it's made it easier for me to craft....hooray! So I guess I'm truly thankful for that in my life....is help from others...especially during the holiday season.

What are you thankful for? I'm hoping you get some help from loved ones too!

Here is a close-up:

Handmade Penguin2

The only stamp on this card is the sentiment from this clear set called Holiday Cheer! The remainder of the design is made entirely from assorted Bazzill papers and either hand cut or torn.

The ribbon I wanted flying in the air so I wrapped it around his little neck and glued in-between the folds. At the end of the ribbon, I added another piece of paper and clipped the edges for the frayed look.

Thanks for looking, come back tomorrow for some fun 'shopping' news! ;)


Stamps: Hero Arts.

Papers: Bazzill basics and textured.

Prima.

Red Gingham ribbon.

Round corner punch.

16 comments:

ME said...

I have to find something to say besides, "I love it!" because that is the only comment I ever seem to leave. But, I do love it...this is my really favorite though! Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Dawn said...

Very cute and cleverly done Tiff... Love him!!!

Cindy Lee said...

OMGosh!! This is just too CUTE, Tiffany!! You are so creative! Love the cute guy :)

moccavanila said...

Ohmy! This is the cuttest penguin,Tiff!! You're so magical creative! Love this ;)

Vanessa said...

He it sooo cute!!! Love this!! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Jane said...

Adorable.....love it!

Alice Wertz said...

awww~~~ your penguin is too cute Tiffany!!! He is very handsome with the scarf!! i love it!

Suzanne C said...

This is just hte cutest penguin ever. Reminds me of the kids when you wrap the scarf around them and you can't see their faces. Have a wonderful thanksgiving and hope it is shared with family!

Sanne said...

uhhhhh he is nice - too cute and what a lovely scarf you made for him Tiff!
Thanks for your concern about my son ;)

Dotty Jo said...

Such a perfect penguin! Love that scraf, toooooo clever! Jo x

Diana said...

ADORE this with the fabric scarf!

Maylee said...

O so very cute Tiffany! I love his scarf! Happy Thanksgiving!

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

O.M.G...what a brilliant idea you had to make the scarf out of the ribbon. Clever, clever! I love your creativity!

Rose Ann said...

I love your adorable penguin with his clever scarf, Tiffany!! Just as cute as can be!!

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes! It was very nice...and I hope yours was as well!!

Jill said...

You amaze me with your creativity! This little penguin with his scarf blowing in the wind is terrific! I just love your style!

Jacqueline said...

This just shows off your creativity to a max Tiffany - wow, a spark of inspiration must have hit you!