Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm not a coffee drinker...BUT....

I absolutely LOVE to smell the aroma of coffee....now isn't that strange?! I've never touched coffee in my life and probably never will but, yes, when I'm around friends and family who drink it....the smell really gets to me....my all time favorite is this orange mocha flavor - can't remember where it is from, but I love anything with an orange taste/smell....

Mango Melon Mocha Latte

So anyhow, I thought it would be fun to pair my favorite 'orange' aroma with what else - this delicious embossing powder called "Mango Melon". That's the powder I used for the coffee cup....by the way the sentiment around the coffee square reads: A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

The background is clear embossed with a stamp from the Deck the Halls set.

Enjoy the card!

Before I leave you though, my blogging buddy Kiara sent me a MeMe Blogging Award. Thanks Kiara, so sweet of you!

I'm to tell you about 7 secrets of mine but I think I will just stick to telling you 7 things about me that you may or may not know.....

  1. I hold a teaching credential just in case I ever wanted to go into that career.
  2. After eating something very very sweet, like a piece of chocolate cake, I love to eat some pickles afterwards to balance out the taste...I know, pretty strange - huh? ;)
  3. Mystery and suspense are my favorite types of novels....Agatha Christie is my all time classic favorite!
  4. I like to write poetry.
  5. Tons of people ask me what the 'ps' means on the end of my email address: she_loves_ps@yahoo.com......PS used to stand for my all time favorite clothing store before the company got bought out and is no longer around....Petite Sophisticate was its name and I LOVED their clothing, never had to alter anything I purchased there!
  6. I DON'T sew!!
  7. I drink too much soda!

Gosh, I know way too many talented blogging friends out there who will receive this award too, pls. play along if you want to! I'm sure I will be reading many fun and interesting truths and secrets! ;))



Materials used on card:

Stamps: Celebrate - 2009 December Monthly Mix, and Deck the Halls - Lizzie Anne Designs.

Tim Holtz embossing ink.

Martha Stewart Embossing powders.

Stampendous embossing powders.

Orange ribbon.

17 comments:

Stamping Cafe said...

Awesome card, Tif! Love the color combo and that white embossed image!

Thank you for accepting the award, I had tons of fun reading about you!! :)

Maylee said...

Love the card Tiffany! I enjoying reading about you.

Mary Perry said...

Tif, I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 42, up to that moment, I couldn't stand it. Love the card!

The sweet/pickle thing totally cracks me up.

marianagrigsby said...

Hey Tiffany! I love your card! It was fun to read your secrets! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jen said...

love this card!! i'm not a coffee person either...but i don't like the smell at all!;) great job with the colors and such!!

Virginia L. said...

AWESOME answers! Love to know more about you, Tiff! I think by reading up the answers, we can get along very well:)

Vanessa said...

So fun to read about you! And you card is super, love the smell of coffee...

Hugs,
Vanessa

Cindy Lee said...

I love coffee and obviously I love this card!! The colors are beautiful!

Thanks for your encouraging words, Tiffany!! Your endless support meant so much to me! You are such a dear fren! **Hugs**

Diana said...

What a fun card! Not your typical colors. Thanks for sharing.

Rose Ann said...

What a warm and cozy-looking card! I'm like you, and totally into soda instead (it's Diet Coke for me).

Sanne said...

This is so great Tiff! I´m a coffee drinker so for me this card would be perfect! ;)
HUGS Sanne

Jill said...

Love this card! Delicious! :)

ivy said...

love coffee. i'm not an addict or anything but i've always loved coffee. used to steal sips from my dad's as a little girl.
i thought the ps stood for paper stuff!!

Lin said...

Tif, your coffe card drew me right in, then reading your description, I was drooling! And so glad you continued with the 7 things; I love to read stuff like that! Thanks for a good entry!

Susan McRae said...

I'm just like you Tiffany, love the smell of coffee, have never had more than one sip of the stuff and it was fun to find out a little more about you...

Alice Wertz said...

love those colors Tiffany.... beautiful card! I can almost smell the coffee~~~ =)

donna mikasa said...

Fun to know more about you, Ms. Tif!

And I LOOOVE the card--I can smell the aroma!
After I eat something sweet, I have to have something salty--pretzels, chips. Must have the same "balance" thing as you! LOL!