Friday, November 13, 2009

Deer Snowglobe

With the joyous craze of snowglobes popping up everywhere, I thought I'd jump into the pool as well and make a snowglobe too! They are so fun, a lot of work and some messiness, but really enjoyable to look at when you've completed the project.

I made this for the Glitter challenge that is going on over at Hero Arts! Pls. excuse the bad photo, whenever you work with any kind of clear material like plastic, glass, acetate....boy, is it hard to photograph!

Deer Snowglobe


To insert my Holiday trees and Deer, I used a crystal clear ornament with a slice in the middle. Stamped, colored, and trimmed my images, poured in 4 tubes of glitter and inserted the colored images, it was hard to stand them up and I had to result to some thicker paper in the end!

I tied a ribbon at the top of the ornament where the sliced opening is to hold it completely together. It's ready to be tied onto our tree this year....

Deer Snowglobe2


An extra heaping of glitter was hand sprinkled onto the top areas of the globe to make it appear as falling bits of snow.


Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Clear Holiday Ornament.

PTI ribbon.

Glitter.

18 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

EEEEK! I love it - sooo cute! Hooray for snowglobes! :-)

Jen said...

oh my cute!!! great job...SO fun! i love the snow...oh, it's just so cute!!

Karen from MI said...

Oh Tif! HOW ADORABLE! Looks like a HUGE WINNER to me! You couldn't have captured a snowy scene any better than what you created! You must have seen Michigan in the winter............SUCH TALENT, Tiffy! LOVE your CREATIVENESS beyond words! Love, Karen xo

ivy said...

this is too cute!!

your photo came out great!

Lin said...

This is so magical, Tif! And it will be a treasure on your tree!

Nancy said...

Are you kidding me? This is so fabulous...your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Love this!

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful Tif, soooo cute! You are so talented, Jo x

Sanne said...

Gosh Tiff! Wonderful snow globe - Looks like Bambi is happy to be in all that snow!
Clever use of stamps!!!!

Jill said...

I've never seen anything like this before!!!! AHH- you are so creative! Simply amazing and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

Dawn said...

Awesome Tiff.... you are so clever.

Audrey Pettit said...

Those are very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy Lee said...

Goodness Tiffany!!! Where did you get all these creative ideas?? This is too cute!!

Your picture came out perfect :)

Alice Wertz said...

this is amazing Tiffany!! wow! how fun and creative!! love it!!

Jenn Biederman said...

This is amazing Tif!! I love your talent...so good!!!

Diana said...

Super cute ornament Tiffany!

Vanessa said...

Super!!! This is so adorable and cute! Love every bit of it!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Anne said...

Hi, Tiffany! This is absolutely incredible! So amazing! Stunning! :-)

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...this is perfect, Tiffany!! I love that deer and all of your powdery snow!!