Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chocolate Buttercream & Ganache

Whenever I make cards for young children, I try to keep in mind what they would like instead of what the adult would prefer....very young children are not into intricate designs, they want something that is simple with definition and pops with color....children are visual...

Chocolate Buttercream Ganache

I just absolutely LOVE this cake stamp from the Lizzie Anne Monthly Mix! It's a pretty big-sized stamp too so I just love that....I always look for the bigger images when creating birthday cards.

I love chocolate mixed with buttercream/yellow, so I colored the cake in with these two colors. Sprinkled on some Ranger Diamond Stickles at the top of the frosting layer.

Also masked the candle #5 to make it appear it is sitting directly on the cake.

Chocolate Buttercream Ganache2

Basic primary colors are used to brighten the look (basically colors that kids use in school).

Thanks for checking in and have a great day!



Stamps: Celebrate - 2009 December Monthly Mix - Lizzie Anne Designs.

Making Memories buttons.

K & company papers and gems.

Small scallop scissors.

Marvy punch.

Ranger Yellow Diamond Stickles.

18 comments:

Jane said...

FABULOUS! love it!

Jill said...

Great card for a kiddo! I love it, too! :) Great mix of shapes and colors!

Mary Perry said...

Love it, love it, love it! What a perfect card for kids. Gonna try and copy.

BTW, Hi there Sweetie!!

Dawn said...

Just awesome Tiffany. Love the cake!!!!

Virginia L. said...

I love the card and its name!! Super yummy! I love the colors and it makes me want to be a 5-year old boy!!!!

ivy said...

super fun card! love the orange and how you have the scallop circle sticking out a bit!

Tracey said...

So perfect Tiff!!! Fantastic design for young and old alike!!!!
I am so jealous of you living in a year warm climate....but then again I couldn't use the cold as my excuse not to exercise LOL!

Diana said...

Darling! Love kid's cards with their age on them

Cindy Lee said...

psayntraIt's a perfect card for kids!!

Susan McRae said...

Love the bold primary colours and the design of this!

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally fabulous, Tif! Love those yummy happy colors!

Vanessa said...

Super card for a kid! Love the colours you used!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Alice Wertz said...

love those yummy colors Tiffany!! wow! this will make a five-year-old soooo happy for sure!!

Savitri said...

LOVE this! You did awesome with mostly primary looking colors. Fun 5-yr-old card!!!!

Nancy said...

I love those bright colors and bold shapes...what kid wouldn't love this great card?!! Your cards always give me such inspiration, thanks!

Dwita said...

Lovely colors. They suit to each other...

donna mikasa said...

Love the big cake image...and primary colors work so well here! Love your card!

joslyn said...

love that you love the cake. great kids card!