Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Did I hear the word RIBBON??

When I heard that Caardvark's was having a Ribbon Challenge, I just knew I wanted to make some time to play and join in on the fun! If you are like me - I LOVE to hoard ribbon....really bad....I even go out and buy more and more spools even when the ribbon I have at home isn't used up yet...shame on me!

This is a heart shaped die-cut in which I took some silky ribbon and 'wrapped' it around the heart:

I started at the very top of the die, placed my right hand on the starting point to keep it secure and just starting stringing it along as I went, carefully overlapping slightly each piece so that no white part of the die cut shows. I secured it with tape as I went along the way to keep it tight.

As I finished back up at the top portion, I left just enough ribbon to tie one complete bow.

The background is trimmed and adhered to the backside of the cardboard. I stamped it with my favorite Hero Arts cling, just the top portion of the Rose cling only.

I stamped the Grid Pattern stamp onto some nesties and added my sentiment.

The final step was adding some more paper roses, some bling, and some lace trim......the paper made flowers were sent to me by my blogging friend Fika. They are really gorgeous up close...so delicately made.


Enjoy!


Materials used:

Stamps and pearl gem: Hero Arts.

Making Memories heart scalloped shaped chipboard and butterfly accent.

Papers by K & Company.

Eggplant Silk ribbon, white lace trims, and paper florals.

Spellbinders nestabilities.




17 comments:

Maylee said...

O my word, Tiffany! This is gorgeous!!

Virginia L. said...

WHAT A CARD! your ribbon has certinaly made quite a statement! Love this, Tiff! Has Martha Stewart people called yet? They are lucky to have YOU :)

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG, Tiffany!! This is totally gorgeous and creative!! Love that heart wrapped with ribbon and the colors is super yummy, love it!!

Dawn said...

WOW - that is ribbon to the extreme! Just love what you have done Tiff,

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... what an absolutely fabulous ribbon project ... love your creatively stamped background too ... Fan-tas-tic.

Kelly Booth said...

Tif...your AMAZING girly...Wow!!!

Diana said...

Coolness once again! Love the new banner!

Heidi Van Laar said...

Oh my, just gorgeous! That wrapped heart is wonderful!

Tomo H. said...

OMGoch! What a beautiful creation!
Tif, you really are amazing!!! Thanks for the detail photos. :)
And thanks so much for visiting my blog. I so appreciate your kind word! Thank you! :)

CC said...

That is super snazzy! :)

Xx

lauren said...

WOW! what a gorgeous card!!! i absolutely love the way you've wrapped the heart in that luscious purple satin ribbon--BRILLIANT and beeeeeeautiful!

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Amazing! Just absolutely gorgeous! So creative...

Nathalia Castellon said...

Oh my, I so adore your clever use of ribbon! And the colors and all the elements are so stunning together!

dstandard said...

Gorgeous use of the ribbon!

colourmehappy said...

How lovely! It must have taken you a while to do that! :-)

Scoobie said...

Just beautiful!

Amy said...

What a lovely way to use ribbon. I really like your embellishments, too.