Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Childhood Memories....

Did you ever have one of these dolls when you were a little girl? Either life size or smaller, the dolls that looked so real with that hint of glaze in their eyes....it was magical......

Porcelain Doll


I begged and begged my parents to buy me one when I was young...I wanted the real life size doll, she was BIGGER AND TALLER than me....in fact, she toppled over me once when I wasn't careful. ;) But boy do I remember the days, the fascination with the curly, thick hair, the porcelain like face and details that went into the design. The clothing....the stockings......the shoes! It was a little girl's dream!

For this card, I really wanted a soft, very soft background and make it have a little bit of an old/vintage charm:

Porcelain Doll2


The background is lightly embossed with the sentiment from the Christmas Magic collection from Lizzie Anne Designs. It's hard to see the sentiment from the angle that I have the card, but this was the best angle for the photo at least!

Enjoy!



Stamps: Christmas Magic - Lizzie Anne Designs.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Just a wonderful card Tiff.... I remember those dolls, even though I never had one... I always envyed those that did.

Maylee said...

Cute card Tiffany! We had one those life size ones, was never very fond of her, too real. : )

Suzanne C said...

Adorable card and doll!

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous card and background, Tif! I never had any doll when I was little, now I play with my daughter's doll...haha!

Sanne said...

Cute "doll card" Tif - and yes I had such a doll when I were a little girl - she was called Grethe :0)
A great day to you :0)

Diana said...

Magical indeed! This is ADORABLE & MAGICAL! Love the green.

Kelly Booth said...

Adorable.....

Dwita said...

Tiffany, I love the image. Sooo childhoody...

Jacqueline said...

Very nice distressing - this is gorgeous!