Thursday, October 15, 2009

Belated Birthday Wishes

I made this card for a very special little boy who already turned 5 years old, he's very much into robots and action figures....boys just love that stuff - don't they?

gizmo and gears birthday card


So in deciding on the theme of my card, I chose Lizzie Anne's wonderful 'boy themed' Digital papers entitled Gizmos and Gears! Super cute, isn't it? This pack includes 9 different selections of patterned and solid colored papers!! I even found some fun robot gift wrapping paper too! ;)

I hope he will like his card and his gift!

You want to hear the sad part about this birthday occasion? My Chris was planning on attending the party, but he was terribly sick that weekend....well, before he got sick I kept asking him this simple question, "Do you want to go to a birthday party?" Over and over, I asked him that out of sheer fun!

So after his illness and he was all better, you know what he did?? He ran up to me and said with these big brown eyes wide open, "Mommy, where's the birthday party??" Awww.....I almost broke out in tears....I had to tell him that he was too sick to go and that he would be going to many more birthday parties in the future....poor thing.....til this day, he still will ask me the same question! :) Kids are too darn cute!


Enjoy! And on a side note here........I also wanted to give a BIG shout out to my blogging/Hero Arts buddy Lysa Q. and her fabulous sister Maylee for showing me how to make my photos a lot bigger in blogger!!! Ugh, I've been wanting to make my photos bigger for awhile now and was always wondering why photos on blogger were always too small.................thanks Lysa for the tips!! Much appreciated! Love it!

Take care and hope you have a great day!



Stamps: Sketched Sentiments and Gizmos and Gears Digital papers by Lizzie Anne Designs.

5 comments:

Lysa said...

Cute card!

Glad you were able to get it all figured out looks great!

Maylee said...

Woohoo! Isn't it great? Lysa and were tickled pink once we figured it out!

Love the boy card! I still struggle with them. : )

DottyJo said...

This is great Tif, he'll love it! Jo x

Suzanne C said...

So sweet and perfect for a little boy card!

ivy said...

love that gizmos & gears paper! such a cute card!

so sad bout chris wanting to go to the party still! kids always just think events can happen any day they are ready for it! brandon keeps thinking halloween is tomorrow (everyday)!