Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wow.....we finished!

Well, I've been away from daily crafting for a while....but should be back into the full swing of it by this coming week...I hope.....we finally finished as much as we could with the re-arranging of our home and getting little Chris into his own room....not easy, but sooooo glad we did it....talk about major procrastination!

We moved the office into our master bedroom......then got him a brand new bed and moved all of his stuff into where the office was......lucky kiddo....his own spacious room with a bed that really is 10 times bigger than he is!!!! Downright crazy! lol.....We've been staying with him the last couple of nights so he can adjust....but that's it, I think just one more night with him and I will leave him alone after he falls asleep.

I know it is hard to reassure a young child to sleep on their own......I think in time he will understand that mommy and daddy are just right across the hall if he feels scared! We've left him a tiny bit of light in the room so that it is not completely dark for him....which helps!

Now the real deal will come when he's really at his comfort level in his own room, then guess what? I can really start decorating......yup, I really want to make it a fun 'boy' room for him!

That's all for now......I'll be back with some fun crafting soon...whohooooo!

6 comments:

ivy said...

i really hope chris does well on his own. we gotta do the same w/ brandon--into his own room. maybe if bryan sees brandon in his own room, he'll want to also and i can get them BOTH outta our room at the same time!(wishful thinking)

paula said...

Good luck!!! I will be thinking of you ;)

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh, boy!!! A big room!!! I hope you don't have to go through what we did!!!!! My son was not a happy 'buy himself' baby or toddler or little guy... and he has had his own room since he was 6 months!!!!


It wasn't until he was oh, about EIGHT that he finally would stay in his room - most nights!

Diana said...

Always look forward to new creations by YOU! Take care, friend!

Maylee said...

Awww...that is such a big step for a child, hope he will adjust smoothly.

Jane said...

Bedtime battles!! I have to say that I've been pretty lucky....no major problems......good luck!!