Friday, July 10, 2009

Vacation?

Here is a fun little layout I did......for the VACATION challenge going on over at Hero Arts! Check it out...lots of fun stuff...

This is a technique I saw somewhere, and it escapes me now where I saw it!!! But the technique employs using your picture as the CENTRAL focus of the layout, and your embellishments are very minimal and subtle. So I'd thought I'd give it a try by making my photo 8 1/2" x 11" - and the journaling done in both stamping and writing is at the bottom right hand corner!


It's a neat technique and I'd like to try more of it, if anyone knows what this is called, let me know, I'll try to hunt down that piece of inspiration that I saw....it was gorgeous!!! I tell you!


Enjoy!


Materials:

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Flowers and brad: Making Memories.

HA Soft Pool Shadow Ink.





4 comments:

wendyp said...

This is awesome! Love using large photos on my layouts, but I don't know if I've ever used the photo as the base of the layout. Very cool technique!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is fabulous, Tiffany!! The focus is on that beautiful photo, awesome!! Love everything about it!!

You always inspire me to scrapbook! Hopefully, I can do a page or two before I have a full house! :)

Dawn said...

Love how the photo is the focus here. I don't scrapbook but this makes me want to start.

paula said...

Tiffany your LO is simply yummy!!!! I love the way you have done this LO. I'm with Dawn, I'm not much of a scrapper but this makes me want to be one :D