Friday, July 24, 2009

Thank you...from the bottom of my little heart!

Hi all! Did you know there is a Hero Arts Blog Hop going on today? Created by my fellow Hero Arts blogging friend Ashley Marcu! You may check out all the details HERE!

Let's get started with my card for the hoppin' fun:

I thought the most perfect way to start saying 'Thank You' to Hero Arts was to, ofcourse, use lots of yummy Hero Arts goodies and incorporate them onto my card.....even threw in a HUGE heart-shaped chipboard from HA as well...teeheee....too cute, I just adore those chipboards.

Added to the fun, is my love for their art flowers, gems, and ofcourse, their stamps.....so I went ahead and used the Asian Doll stamp.....I can't seem to get enough of those adorable dolls!

There were two questions asked in this blog hop and I'll start off by answering the first question....how did I get started in Hero Arts?

Well, long before I joined into their Flickr Photo Sharing Forum......I was already a member of Flickr and simply was using it to store my data and photos as I went along. I would create, photograph, and then upload my projects to Flickr to store only and had no intentions of doing anything other than that.

Life was (and still is) quite busy and I never had time to 'join' groups and comment on other people's work. One day, two very, sweet ladies noticed my work and commented on them....one lady in particular is also one of our very own HA members......Mary Perry (aka: grandmaper)!

She told me that she noticed some of my projects were Hero Arts and that I should submit them to the pool so that I can enter contests and win prizes and have fun meeting people.....I was a little hesitant but I said, what the heck!

So I did, and I think within minutes of uploading a few photos, I RECEIVED AN AMAZING amount of responses....I was in shock really!! So I started to respond back and familiarize myself with the process ......and the rest is pretty much history!! It's been so much fun and non-stop ever since!

So really, you MUST always go back and THANK the first person who got you started in something new - a new journey as I would have called it back then....Thanks to you too Mary! I wouldn't be a part of HA without you!

The second question asked was,"Why are you thankful towards Hero Arts?" I'm thankful because of all the inspiration I see out there from the wonderful group of artists that enjoy doing exactly what I do.....it is such a passion as well as it is an art form! I'm also thankful to the abundance of crafting/technical knowledge that I have gained thru Hero Arts' website which is chockful of tutorials, videos, how-to's, and thought provoking challenges each week. So much excitement to be had!


Enjoy the card...and.......from the Heart, Thank you very much!!


Materials used:

Stamps, notecards, heart chipboard, gems, and flowers: Hero Arts.




36 comments:

Rose Ann said...

So cute, Tiffany!! I love that sweet image, your big heart, and your pretty flowers!!

Kath said...

this is such a beautiful card Tiffany...love the cute image and those gorgeous flowers...and I am loving reading everyone' s hero arts story....hugs kath xxxxx

Cathy A said...

Tiff this is just adorable, your little person looks as if she is holding her hands in glee at allthe amazing hero things. Lovely to hear how you found Hero!

Lin said...

Love this pink and green card full of love! Fun to read your story, too, Tif!

Debbie said...

That is a really sweet card! and so cute! enjoyed your story.
dedernc3

Beverley said...

Tiff, your card is too cute. I really like your style & how you co-ordinate embellishments. A great inspiration to me & all I am sure. Enjoyed you story too. x

paperella said...

Tiff, this is so pretty! Love the subtle background and that you used lots of HA embellies :)

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE LOVE that card Tif...but then I don't think you have ever done a bad card!!
What a Fun Story...so glad Mary got you to join!!

Julie Batta said...

Great card, Tiffany. I love the soft hues, the flowers and the die cut shape as your background. All comes together so nicely!!!

Hannah. F said...

What a Great Story and such a cute Card!

Heather Maria said...

Wonderful, cute card. I love it and it was great to hear your story too.

Mabel said...

Love that great flowers, fantastic card!!

ivy said...

so great to hear the story behind the story!
fab card!

Kryssi said...

very cute!!!!

sideoats + scribbles said...

Hi Tif! LOVE the card!!!! And love the heart, too!

Chris Millar said...

Tif, this card is so wonderful and creative!! I'm so glad you're part of the group!

Stephanie said...

This is beautiful Tiffany!
Love it!

shelly said...

your card is so cute. hte little girl looks so happy!

Sarah said...

Beautiful card, Tiffany!! That doll totally looks like he's giving thanks!!

dustypenny said...

Just adorable, Tiffany. You are so talented!

Anne said...

Hi, Tiffany! I love that you included so many different types of Hero Arts products in your card! And I love your story of how you got started, too. We sure are lucky to have you in the Hero Arts Flickr pool! Happy Blog Hopping! :-)

Alice Wertz said...

Love the soft colors that you used, Tiffany! Such an adorable card. Love your story about finding the group, I am still amazed how welcoming all the Hero group ladies are!!

Jennifer said...

this is adorably sweet!

Laura said...

Stunning card! Absolutely stunning!

Tomo H. said...

Oh, Tiffany! This is so lovely card! This card has both cute and gorgeous elements! Amazing!

paula said...

Tiffany your card is so very beautiful & you story is wonderful. I am having so much fun learning about our group :D

Stamping Cafe said...

Super duper adorable, Tif!! I love what you did with the Asian Dolls, and I love you design!! You ROCK!

I just got those dolls few days ago, I should give them some inking love soon! :)

laura vegas said...

this is a seriously cute card tiffany! i love the soft colors to it! love hearing your story!

LaurieS said...

Adorable card!

Suzanne C said...

Adorable! Love the coloring on your doll!

Lucy, England said...

Such a beautiful card TIf - so many Hero goodies there :) Eye candy for sure!!!

Cathy A said...

Tiff as a fellow hosti that gives us all so much support, I have nominated you for a circle of friends awahttp://candronicoucardcraft.blogspot.com/rd details here

Shanna said...

Seriously Tiffany! this card is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I think you're the queen of these little doll stamps! No one does them quite like you! Thanks for sharing your talents!

gscrapbooks said...

This is really sweet! Love the design and colors you chose. That little girl stamp is adorable!

Susanne Holl├Žnder Andersen said...

Just Beautiful Tif! I love the soft colors and the sweet design!

Virginia L. said...

What a great story teller you are, Tif! I thought you are UBER talented in card-making/paper crafting, but you have a SUPER sweet style in your ways of communication ,too! And oh.. don't get me started about our food passion...now THAT'S another BLOG story-a long one :) So glad that you are part of the HA blog and hostess sista! I'm so glad that Mary gave you the pointers to HA!!!I'm very blessed to meet you (well, not in person yet), hopefully some day.....:) wouldn't that be SWEELL!??? love you, Tif!!