Sunday, June 21, 2009

Patriotic Picnic Favor Baskets

Goodmorning everyone! Let's start right off with my project for today.....my fellow Lizzie Anne Design Team Member Rose Ann Reynolds made this delightful 3-D project a while back! You may view her awesome looking project HERE! How cute is that!

I was so inspired by Rose Ann's 3-D use of the checker board table cloth stamp, that I wanted to give it a try with one of my 4th of July projects!

When I first saw this, I just knew that I had to do something with it:

I mean really....how great is that! Red, white, and blue m & m's!! I had to hide it from little Chris - he hasn't seen it yet, it would have been gone by now! ;)

And here is the project I made with the candies and the table cloth:



And if you are wondering how small each individual picnic basket is, here is a shot of it in the palm of my hand:

Another fun way of dressing up each individual basket and handing out during your 4th of July party, is to also have a huge grab bowl - in this photo, I placed all 3 colors of m & m's in a glass icecream dish, the decorative star ornaments are made from Lizzie Anne Designs' digital papers!

Enjoy and have a great day! I'll be back with more fun 4th of July ideas!!


Materials:


Stamps: Chillin' and Grillin' by Lizzie Anne Designs.

Digital Papers: Stars and Stripes by Lizzie Anne Designs.

A box of mini, recycled picnic baskets.

Red and Blue Gingham ribbons. American Flag striped ribbon.

Red, white, and blue M & M Candies.

Marvy small and medium star punches.

Ink: Chianti.

Wooden Craft Sticks.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

awesome project Tiffany. I love your little baskets with the little red checker piece. Very patriotic.

Anonymous said...

SO DARLING, Tiffany!! Won't be long and you'll be decorating for the BIG DAY! Hope you're having a nice day with the "boys" today. Happy Father's Day to Chance, too. Love, Karen from Michigan

Stamping Cafe said...

Awesome project, Tiffany!! Super duper adorable!

I hope you had a wonderful day with you family today!!

Jane said...

OMG!! I love those baskets! How gorgeous! You did an awesome job!! love it all!

jules p said...

oh..i just love this red white and blue stuff. very neat. i love the little baskets.