Sunday, June 7, 2009

Icecream Waffle Cones

Hi All! I'm back again today with a fun project that just stumbled upon me while I was out and about with the family today!

I used a background stamp and turned it into a 3-dimensional piece....I originally was going to make a card from this stamp but then changed my mind....so with lots and lots of bright glitter and other tools, here is what I came up with:


I stamped the background image onto Kraft paper and let dry while I worked on the 'icecream' scoop' part of the project....I took 3 styrofoam (medium sized) balls and squeezed 3 different colors of glitter all over the styrofoam....lots of fun mess everywhere...lol!!

Here is a close-up of the cone only:

After placing the styrofoam on each cone, I arranged on a plate and decorated the icecream with punched out circles of colored notecards.

Each cone was topped off with a misty pink colored pom pom.

And if you want to know how much glitter I used, this might give you some idea....oh man, it was pretty sticky. ;)
And finally, I couldn't help but take one more photo with all 3 of them in my hands....


Enjoy!


Materials used:

Stamps and colored notecards: Hero Arts.

Paper: Kraft.

Pink, Tangerine, and Lemon Twist glitter.

Pink pom poms.

Styrofoam balls.

Scallop scissors.

Ink: Chocolate.

20 comments:

Pamela Smerker said...

Oh my goodness, these are so cute! WOW! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Caardvarks.

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally adorable, you ROCK!

Dawn said...

What a great idea. These are so awesome

SmilynStef said...

Those look good enough to eat ... what fun summer product ... what an original 3-D project.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Love love love these Tiff!!!!!
Thanks so much for the 'how to's'...

MMG said...

Wow! I love the colors and the glitter... what an original idea!

Rose Ann said...

This is so very cute and creative, Tiffany!! I love them!!

Maylee said...

What a cute and fun project!

Laura said...

These are so much fun. What a great idea!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, these are darling! You are so creative!!

lauren said...

yum, yum, *YUM*!!!!!!! these are absolutely FABULOUS! what a super-fun supe-clever project!!!

Heidi Van Laar said...

These are soooo cute! I can just imagine them decorating a birthday present. Love them!

Diana said...

Oh, how very clever. Great photographs as well!!!

Finja said...

what a cool idea.... great
Hugs Finja

Lucy, England said...

Such an adorable project Tif. YOu are clever!!!

Michelle Giraud said...

These are soooooo cute!

take a little piece of my art said...

CA-UTE!! And they look yummy too!!

Lotti said...

How awesome is that??? These are absolutely stunning, totally original and - WOW. I don't have enough words. Just - WOW.

Gabriele said...

I am quite new to the blogging world and with that to challenge blogs.
And I have to say: this Caardvarks 3D challenge brings so much different projects and inspiration!
I never saw 3D-ice-cones before! They are really really great! It`s such a good idea... thanks a lot for sharing!
Greetings from good ol' Germany ;-)
Gabriele

Nathalia Castellon said...

These are so yummy! Love the originality of your project! :)