Thursday, June 18, 2009

Growth and nurture....

Here is the final gift that I presented to Chris' teacher yesterday, I finished it awhile ago, but had it sitting in the closet with no photo yet. Click on the photo to see the details:


The theme behind it is thanking her for 'helping' him grow as a student throughout the year.....each day brought so much more wonder and awe for him than you can ever imagine...and for me too! I really enjoyed making this and giving it to her....I love to encase the layout inside a simple 12 x 12 shadow box - which is perfect for gift giving, and it is sturdy too!

You can find shadow boxes at most arts and crafts store, even Target has some really nice ones!


Thanks for looking and whohooooo...it's the first official day of summer!


Materials:


Stamps, pearl gems, art flowers: Hero Arts.

Papers: Unknown (I really don't recall).

Marvy punches.

Twine.

Making Memories chipboard.

Scallop scissors.

Round corner punch.



10 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Wow! What an awesome project!!!
Tiff this is fantastic... I'm saving this for gift ideas!

Maylee said...

Cute project, love the layout.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is just lovely! I am sure it was hard to give away.

Stamping Cafe said...

What a gorgeous layout, Tiffany!! Awesome gift! Congratulations on your special day, you totally ROCK!! WOW!!!!!! You are amazing!!

Diana said...

love your shadowbox!

Verda said...

Your little guy is just darling. I am sure his teacher will love the wonderful shadow box gift. How thoughtful of you.

Lorena said...

What a beautiful gift! If I were a teacher, this is the kind of detail that would make me proud of my job. Thanks for sharing!

jules p said...

really cute.

joschloss said...

Great project.
What a wonderful idea for a gift.
Jo

Barbara said...

love the layout