Thursday, May 21, 2009

Love Bird Card

Today, I was feeling very uncreative....we all have those days....where ideas just simply do not flow....and then, ofcourse, there are days where the ideas stroll along like you wouldn't believe, and we jump in and create, don't we?

So during my mind block, I decided to get myself outside of the house and find some inspiration....took Chris and we went shopping, stopped and had lunch at his favorite fast food restaurant....even had some icecream together...it was fun....it was clearing OUT THE BRAIN!!

I saw many things on my journey....lovely delicate colors.....the beauty of the sun shining on my face and the thought of JUNE....what is really June??? Weddings perhaps.....yes, Father's Day...but also weddings - graduations - celebrations where lots of fun and pastel colors reign supreme! We finally got home and I was refreshed........and I was able to make this:

This is a card for my personal enjoyment and I also thought I would play along with the "Go Green" challenge over at HA. This week's challenge is to recycle and use/find items that we would normally throw away.

Here is a closeup of this bird that I cut out from a tissue carton that had pretty delicate pink scattered throughout the entire box...it was so pretty...normally I don't keep tissue boxes that are finished....

I also used a Making Memories packaging insert from one of their paper collections....I usually don't keep those either, shame on me....but this one was so beautiful with the pink silhouette of leaves and stems.....

I finished off the look with additional pp, some nestabilities, and an organdy ribbon!


Enjoy and I'll be back with some more 'inspiration' that was captured by my outing today!



Materials used:

Papers: Making Memories Black Tie Wedding. Making Memories Sabrina. White cardstock and cream cardstock.

Stamps: Hero Arts.

Light pink organdy ribbon.

Mega Nestabilities - Curved Rectangles.

Double sided adhesive tape.

Heart gem.

Tree branch from outdoors.

Empty tissue box.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh GOODIE! Let me be the FIRST to leave you a comment, Tif! If TARGET were open, I'd be over there, choosing my FANCY TISSUE BOX RIGHT NOW! It's CLOSED! :( Love your BLOG, Tif.........see I can still stay in touch through your SWEET BLOG........happy night, Tif. Love, Karen xo

Stamping Cafe said...

OMG, Tiffany! I'm speechless, this is so gorgeous! Love love love it!!

ivy said...

i am glad you are trying to reuse & recycle ;-)!
everything you touch comes out beautiful! even 'garbage'!!