Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Inspirational quotes

I'm back with a fun way you can utilize your stamps to make your own patterned paper and also a fun little object I made by using an object of 'nature'?

I normally do not make my own patterned paper too often, so I sat down and thought of how I could put a few stamps together to make a pretty pattern...not always an easy task....it's hard for me to see what it looks like as a whole ensemble on paper BEFORE it's on the paper....lol! After several tries, I think I finally got the look I wanted.

Now for the fun part, I wanted to use this inspirational sentiment but wanted somehow to incorporate it onto a make shift scroll because it is a vertical sentiment...very long.....and is perfect for a scroll!!

I first stamped the sentiment onto a white sheet of cardstock....I trimmed all the way around and left approx. 2" above and below the sentiment. The reason you want to leave adequate space is so you can curl inwards the top and bottom portion...just like a real scroll!

I then went outside and picked up a thin tree stick and cut it to size, and inserted directly into the curled spaces. I then took a short piece of twine and tied at both ends of the top stick.

I added a brad to hang the twine in place...fun, fun! Now your scroll looks like it is hanging with some depth on the card.


Materials used:

Stamps: Damask and Say it in Script by Lizzie Anne Designs.

Paper: White cardstock.

Brown twine.

Wood tree stem.

Silver brad.

Inks: Black and tangerine.


6 comments:

Maylee said...

Love the tangerine color and the pattern is so pleasing.

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

Just GORGEOUS!
I nominated you for the RENEE AWARD. Read more here:
http://janeb-myblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/hi-finally-get-around-to-this.html

ivy said...

love the new look of the blog, LO and your updated pic!!

Diana said...

Cutest little hanging banner. You rock!

Stamping Cafe said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the new look of the blog and your banner is amazing!