Thursday, May 28, 2009

Before the days of the internet...PSP...iphone.....and the wii....

......childhood summers and play time were a little simpler.......

Did you ever have jump roping buddies?! I don't know what era you grew up in - but for me, childhood simplicities and fun meant going outside, gathering a couple of good friends, jumping rope.....getting out the BIG bouncy ball and just throwing it at each other.....oh, and let's not forget marbles and jacks, and fun pixy sticks filled with sugar.......

and oh....how about after all that simple fun....running down to the local corner drugstore and getting 2 cent candies!!!!! Or even a handful of 5 cent candies! And then...ending the day of fun with some yummy home-made lemonade!!

PRICELESS were those days (not that I don't appreciate the internet today...lol)!

Here is a close-up of this cute little boy stamp from Hero Arts:

Enjoy my card for today......hope it brings back nothing but sweet and warm memories of YOUR childhood!



Materials used:

Hero Arts: Stamps, Long Notecards, Japanese Washi Paper, Red Pearl Heart, Clear Gem, and Blue Gem.

Twine.

Adhesive Tape.





5 comments:

Dawn said...

The cuteness continues.... Love this one. Yes it does remind me of my childhood as well.

Lucy, England said...

This is just ADORABLE. Certainly one of my favourite childhood pastimes.

Kelly Booth said...

This is so Cute Tif...just LOVE this card!!

DottyJo said...

Great card, I used to love skipping too!

ivy said...

i loved jacks too and hop skotch. my fave sweet treat were fun dips! believe it or not, the stick was my fave part--not the powder sugar!