Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Reflections of Mom.....

It's that time....it's getting near and I'm always having a good ol' time thinking of and making up Mother's Day projects! I thought this was a fun project that I finished up late today:

I love making banners for many occasions - this one I decided it would be neat to insert little envelopes into the banner with messages inside - simple sentiments that reflect thoughts of mom!

This is a neat and festive look that you can make for your mom too.....stamp, type, or handwrite a word or two and hide inside mini envelopes...whatever you choose - it will be a special surprise for your mom to have to open up the envies and find out your hidden messages!

Here are some closeups - my mom, she's definitely a 'mentor':

And a provider! She's taken care of me as a child and into adulthood.......and now as an adult, she still cares for me from a distance in her own special way...


Enjoy!

Materials used:
Papers: K & Company.

Ribbons: Papertrey Ink.

Buttons: Making Memories.

Scallop punch.

Scallop scissors.

Twine.

Martha Stewart Mini Envelopes.

Stamps: Hero Arts.




4 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Such a gorgeous gift! I love your banner and the idea of holding notes inside! LOTS of great inspiration here!

Thanks!

Lucy, England said...

This is adorable - what a sweet idea Tif, you always have the sweetest ideas.

wendyp said...

What a cute idea!!! Love the little notes tucked into the banner!

Mary Perry said...

OK, I want to steal this project. I love it! Thanks for the great idea, Tif.