Monday, April 6, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #3

Here we go again with another fun color challenge from Dawn McVey! Here are her colors for the week:
And here is my take on it:

I was soooo tempted to throw orange on it, but Dawn mentioned that the berry color was not orange, so I stayed away from it as much as I possibly could. I hope you enjoy....I only had a wee bit of time to make this.....spring break is keeping me very busy......but I am having an extremely good bonding time with Chris - we've already had a lot of fun this weekend and today too!

Today, we went to one of his favorite clubhouse's where there are lots of toys, 2 huge jump houses, a GIGANTIC tree house filled with mazes, tunnels, and secret hideaways, and there is even a karaoke section for the kiddos to play musicians for the day! And yes - I think I heard Hannah Montana music playing in the background!! There is even a rock climbing adventure that he just LOVES!

Let's see, what else has been going on since last Friday, we got Chris a brand new 'big boy bed' - well to him it is anyway...lol....he DIGS his new bed alot, he couldn't stop jumping on it as soon as he saw it:
Here is the view with the drawers pulled out, don't have anything in it yet, but it's definitely extra toy storage space, what do you think?

Kudos to daddy for putting it together!

I am pooped - but with a little bit of rest will be gearing up for the rest of the week! Enjoy the card and have a great day!


Materials used:

Papers: Kraft, Papertrey Ink, and We R Memory Keepers.

Stamps and gems: Hero Arts.

Flower: Prima.
Felt branch: Prima.






17 comments:

Savitri said...

How gorgeous!!! I love your card!!! The colors are so so nice. Wish I can play. Maybe I'll have time and motivation this week before the deadline :)

Nancy Sanders said...

I really like your card..what a beautiful flower and i love the additions to the flower

Maureen P said...

All your elements are fabulous! Very unique card :) Whoever receives it is very lucky :)

Jessica Rosario said...

Stunning! I love all the details of your card. TFS :)

Terri E. said...

Your flowers are stunning. You rocked out Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Ange Kelly said...

Wow! Fabulous card! that flower is beautiful.

ivwhy said...

love the trundle bed! how did chris sleep???

beautiful card. i swear, those petals in the back look so so real!

Diana said...

love your color challenge card! What fun to get a "big boy" bed!

sarahmartina said...

OMG I cannot tell you how much I love these new Prima flowers!!! And seeing your card does not help my obsession! :-) Great job!

Lynn P. said...

WOW -- One of the most beautiful cards I think I've ever seen. Love the flowers, the felt, the design - love ever little thing about this.

Jazy Girl said...

STUNNING! This is soooo beautiful!! I'm waiting for some company to snag you as a designer!

Cheryl said...

Very elegant card! It all flows together so well.

Kimberly said...

Your card is absolutly stunning!!Love it! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Wow, this is simply stunning!! You totally ROCK!! Love it!

Great bed for Chris!

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Oh my word!!!! I came looking for your card and once again, I am so glad I did! This is soooo gorgeous...you are such an inspiration. I HAVE to keep coming back to look at what you do.

Joshua Jiraffe Designs said...

Had to come back and ask...is that a real flower there?!

Winter said...

This is so pretty! I love the flower! Great job!