Wednesday, April 22, 2009

LAD Sketch #75

This weeks sketch at Lizzie Anne is super fun....I'm totally amazed and proud of myself for sticking to the actual sketch and not deviating away from it....yay!!!

The extra fun twist on this sketch is to make your own patterned paper out of the stamps you choose.

So I went about using all white paper (except for the tiny strip of polka dotted paper)....other than that - I took white cardstock, sponged with azure blue, light aqua, and orange; distressed all the edges; and then stamped on my floral stamps.

The sentiment, I kind of meshed it into the left hand, bottom quadrant of the card and used the same ink color.

I also wanted to make the surf boards appear as two instead of just one by simply stamping the image twice, cutting out one image and adhering on top of the other.....

Enjoy my little dancing hula girl! Have a great day.....I have another big project I'm working on now too....stay tuned!



Materials used:

Cardstock: White. Polka dotted pp from Papertrey Ink.

Stamps: Garden Isle by Lizzie Anne Designs.




3 comments:

Lucy, England said...

This is fantastic - can;t believe you made the PP yourself. Soooooo clever!!!

Tricia Ulberg said...

Ha ha ha yes I usually deviate from the sketch too. :) Cute card!

Laura said...

So cute! I love this.