Friday, April 17, 2009

It's a special time of the year....

Hey friends, I'm back today - I think this will be my last post for today and then I'm going to go and spend some quality time with Chris! So I was working on my May blog banner for a few days now and I really wanted to come up with a special MOM theme.

Not because I am one, but more so because ever since I became a mom, I APPRECIATE my own mother even more than ever! I'll never have enough words to tell her how much she means to me or will I ever understand how she had the tremendous ability to care for 4 of her own children....wow, she is an amazing lady!

So this was the fun idea I came up with - I call it 'Breakfast in Bed' - a special theme for me and it goes out to every one out there who is a mother!!! How so that I wish for you your very own 'breakfast in bed' once that special day comes in a few weeks....

Here's some close-ups - just fun stuff - another card I made using the 'Wonderful Mother' stamp from Lizzie Anne Designs.....could never tire of using this stamp...it is my FAV!

Some yummy strawberry and whipped cream on pancakes:

A very simple napkin ring holder I made:

And a photo of my own mom near a whole row of beautiful flowers! Doesn't she look so happy? She is in her element!!


Enjoy and have a great weekend!


Materials used for card and napkin ring only:

Papers: We R Memory Keepers. Basic Grey.

Stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs.

Flowers: Prima and Making Memories.




3 comments:

ivwhy said...

your work puts a smile on my face. and i really needed to see pretty things today. (the whip cream on the pancakes helped too!)

pia overgaard said...

What a beautiful banner. You really know how put the right elements together. I was so touched by your tribute to your mother. So lovely! Have a great weekend, Tiffany!

Angie Tieman said...

Lovely new banner! Such beautiful elements you put together!