Friday, April 10, 2009

It has gone by fast......

I truly can't believe it's Friday already....so if you have been home with your kids for Spring Break, hope you're enjoying it immensely....Chris and I are really enjoying the time together!

I was able to finish up this project last night, the theme over at the HA challenge is to stamp on something OTHER than paper......this was hard and I tried several things but to no avail.....a lot of my experiments had to be thrown out - I need to practice more, but this one came out pretty decent (click for a larger view):

This is a really great project to do if you are a new bride and are thinking of fun ways to say 'thank you' to all of your wedding guests! For my own wedding, I had sent out DVDs/CD photoslides along with a thank you card to those who generously sent Chance and I a gift but weren't able to attend the ceremony. And since they missed out on the photos and all the funny moments, it was fun to share that day with all of them!

Made a coordinating front flap insert and dvd case to go with it too! Here is a closeup - I did a tad of masking actually - didn't want a part of the leaf stamp to touch the inner circle:

It's a wonderful little surprise for your recipients too, to not just receive a card, but a little something extra.....and if you're worried about cost....it's actually not that expensive to copy each dvd using a master copy if you have the software utilities....easy peasy! We usually get our dvd disks in massive bulk at the store, so it's a much better deal!


Enjoy, I have a few more cards I'd like to finish up today!


Materials used:


Stamps: Hero Arts.

Cardstock: White and Kraft.

Clear storage cases and dvds or cd's.



2 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty! Love the strong, bold look and the red!

Stamping Cafe said...

What an awesome idea, so beautiful!!